Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant not getting copied in SO

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

Friends,

Plant is not getting copied from Contract to Sales Order?

Pls advice.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

first of all plant is determined from :

Customer material info records VD51 or

customer master XD02or

material master MM02

Now regarding contract (VA41), when the party in concern goes into contract with the S.organisation and company, it has to be release within validity time, and for which only method is creating order (VA01) by normal method with reference to the contract.

and when all the open materila is released your contract comes to an end with company.

Now with regards to plant determination please check in above mentioned master data if you have maintained. I also like to ask you to look at copy control as you are raising the issue of not getting copied in VTAA ( but I am not sure if it is required).

Regards,

Sridhar.

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I'm doing testing in Quality. It is for the first time I'm creating Sales Order with reference to Contract. Usually in other implementations I've seen that whenever I create sales order with reference to contract, all the items like material, price, plant etc. get automatically copied to sales order. Nothing special setting is required in copy controls level. But in this roll-out plant is not getting copied from contract to sales order. Alhough it is getting copied in the testing client but it is not happening in quality.

Can you pls advice.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if you can maintain Plan in the Contract? What type of contract it is. Under our regular Sales Order you will find the plant under shipping tab at the item level.

SAP follows the following logic to get the plant:

Customer Material infor record

Customer Master

Material Master.

Please check if the records exist in any of them.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member461383
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it through an info record - tcode VD51/XD01/MM01

Priorities for determining plant in sales order

Customer material info record

Customer master

Material master

Then also check in your Item copy controls whether any routine is been designed to determine THE PLANT

Sales Order Plant Determination is an enhancement to the R/3 sales order program that will allow you to determine plants based on the requirements of your organization.See any such enhancements are written in your case.

Check whether any user exit in sales order is determining the plant which is overriding the standard plant determination

Regards,

Saju.S

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this something new you have setup or an issue you got now? I mean have you been creating sales order from contracts before also??

Let us know.

Regards,

SB

Edited by: Satish Bharambe on Jul 15, 2011 7:17 PM