SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BP Role not appearing properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I added a BP role by copying BUP001 Contact Person and just changed the title and description.

When I go to T-Code BUA2, my new role is in the drop down and I can select it on an existing Contact Person.

But, when I use BUA1 to create a NEW contact person, my new role is not there.

Details:

The BP Role Cat is still BUP001. I did not assign it as stnadard assignment, I left Contact Person BUP001 as Standard. In the Interface Control I set BUP001 and position 1.

I didn't change the Views at all - BUA1 has BUP001 assigned to the BP Role Category and nothing in the BP Role, BP Group Cat or BP Role Grouping.

My understanding of the process is that now I should have a new role that behaves exactly like BUP001 except it won't be the default role when I go to create a new contact person, it will instead be 2nd in the drop down.

Anyone know what I missed?

Thanks

CN

2 REPLIES 2

vikrant_guptarya
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you enable the setting in SPRO, Cross Application setting --> SAP Business Partner --> Business Partner --> Basic Settings --> Business Partner Roles --> Properties of Business Partner Roles. Add your role & set the position you want it to be.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I don't have that exact path - under Business Partner Roles ... I have

Define BP Roles - and in there I have set the properties for my new role and given it a position.

The other options I have under BP Roles are:

Define BP Role Groupings

Define BP Role Exclusion Groups

Define Application Transactions

The queer thing is it shows up when I'm in change mode (in BUA2), just not when I'm trying to add a new contact person (BUA1).