cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indirect role assignment- PO Release strategy roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am in the midst of creating PO release strategy roles for implementation and trying to figure out if indirect role assignment / position based assignment would be a good idea for these roles. The reason- there are 35 release codes.

I am pretty new at using indirect role assignment but do understand a bit about the evaluation paths. We are not implementing SAP HR so there will be no usage of infotype 105. The role will be assigned to the position and then the position to the user ID. The HR Org structure is in place (atleast for the PO release workflow).

Is this a good idea?

There is one other think that stumped me. One of the functional consultants (who is also part of business) has asked me why we can't use indirect role assignment for all function (purchasing, sales, finance etc.). For one, i know with so many users assigned to positions and then indireclty to roles, the overhead would be too much and complex and then the problem with the evaluation paths.

But i am not convinced myself that this is the best explanation to give...

Any ideas on how to put it through correctly?

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

I also had a similar requirement, but since there are multiple release codes, and limits, we ended up with a custom solution, since it is a bit tough when it is required to manually assign the authorization to a person who is in a seperate job role.

We have used a custom user exit, and all the values were stored in a custom table which contains Sales Organization, User, Lower limit, Upper limit, Division, and Release codes information etc.,

We have further created a custom transaction code that reads information from the table and authorizes for the upper, and lower limit of approvals along with the company code/release code authorzation checks.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Raghu

Answers (0)