cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in FTP server same file name with multiple vesions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My source system is UNIX. in that FTP server they have multiple files with same name example " abc.dat"; with different versions example"abc.dat;43" "abc.dat;44", "abc.dat;45". . so how to read latest version file like "abc.dat;45" from sender communication channel with file adapter.

suggestions please..Thanks in advance.

Edited by: venkataraonandigam on Jul 15, 2011 3:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For this you need to write a shell script and in the file sender communication channel use "Run Operating System Command Before Message Processing"...It'll be a bit difficult

Thanks

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My Problem has been Solved. By using Script.here i used FTP Script.

Thanks for your Suggission .

Regars,

venkatarao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VenkatRao,

There is no possibility to achieve the requirement specified.

I think the only way is to write a script, using that you need to check all the files and that need to identify the latest and move the other files to different folder.

This seems to be very complex.

Thanks,

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VenkatRao,

Sender file adapter configuration has an option "Processing Sequence". In the that select by"Date" or Name .

If you used placeholders when specifying the file name, define the processing sequence of the files:

○ By Name: Files are processed alphabetically by file name.

○ By Date: Files are processed according to their time stamp in the file system, starting with the oldest file.

Otherwise you have to write shellscrit to move the latest version file to a different folder and pick it up from that folder.

Or

write adapter module.