Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for VBFA-STUFE (Level) field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Good Day!

I would just like to know if my assumption for document flow in SAP is correct. In VBFA table in SAP, there is a field STUFE (level) that sometimes has a value of 1 and sometimes has a value of 3. I am assuming that the value 1 = active document; and 3 = reference document. Please confirm if this assumption is correct. I have an issue with the invoice print out where the incorrect reference document was pulled. I would like to add a condition for the SELECT statement for VBFA to add STUFE = '1' so the correct document will be pulled for the invoice. I can't find a related page in the web for this information so please help.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The VBFA-STUFE field is basically the Relative-Distance between the two documents created with direct/in-direct reference to each other.

Example:

In Delivery-related billing process, for the below sales cycle:

Order - Delivery - Invoice

The STUFE entry with Order (preceding doc) - Delivery (subsequent doc) will be 00 - meaning the delivery was created with immediate reference to the order

The STUFE entry with Order (preceding doc) - Invoice (subsequent doc) will be 01 - meaning there is a step reference to the creation of invoice with delivery being the reference, not order

In Order-related billing process, for the same sales cycle:

The STUFE entry with Order - Invoice combination will be 00 - since the invoice was created with direct reference to order (not via delivery)

When you create an order with reference to another, a level gets added to the whole document flow i.e. the above three scenarios take STUFE values 01, 02 and 01 respectively.

Regards,

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you got any answer on this?  Am also wondering what is the use of VBFA-STUFE.

Thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1998397

G. Lakshmipathi