cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while opening Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one MM in ESR, IDoc to EDI, it has been developed before, and the interface is working successfully.But when I open this MM in ESR, it given a STOP error with desc as 'For input string: ""'.

and then there is nothing displayed on Screen under Definition,Test and Functions tab of MM.The Signature tab content is visible properly.

I am working on PI 7.1.

Is this issue is because of version comapatibilty or missing object. Please provide your inputs to resolve this issue,

Thanks,

Ruchi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apply the patches mentioned on the OSS note below. This usually occurs because of object's version incompatibility.

#1465548 - Message mapping open fails in ESR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanku all for response.

I have asked basis team to apply the patchs as per OSS note mentioned by Lukas.Will check if it works then.

Thanks again,

Ruchi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have checked with my basis team, but they suggested that the patches can not be installed as this problem is happening with single message mapping.

When I open this MM, it gives the same STOP error :For input string: "". and when I click on Message Mapping -> Check button, it prompts a message 'Parameter #ParamName# has the invalid value null'.

Please help me to resolve this.As the mapping itself is not getting loaded, so not getting how to set this parameter value(if it is used in MM).

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

Please make sure that you are using latest xsd of EDI document.....if not try to reimport it under external definitions.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Java version 1.6.0_15. But not getting why its not working.I have checked, the latest EDI is selected under external definition.

Ruchi

Edited by: Ruchi Agarwal on Jul 15, 2011 2:38 PM

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

This is not problem with XSD.

If XSD is missing still you will able to see the screen but source or target structure will be blank.

but in your case entire GUI is not displaying under some tabs.

This is a Java GUI issue only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

Just try to check from any other system or ask anyone of your colleague have the same issue.

I think this issue raised due to Jave compatibility.

Try to degrade your Java version and check.

Thanks,

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi.

see this