cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update software components / Products in Solution Manager (SMSY)

Botte
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

How can I update Software components / Products in Solution Manager (SMSY) or when this will be updated?

I think I don't have an updated list of all software components because I install SAP SRM 7.0 EhP1 Java and I only have SAP SRM 7.0 version.

Best regards,

Filipe Sacadura Botte

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Filipe,

In order to maintain the SMSY up to date automatically yours system must be registred in a SLD.

In the Solution Manager system there is a job called LANDSCAPE FETCH, you willl find it in tx SM37, that is responsible to bring the information from the SLD to the SMSY. This job runs once every day in the solman system.

In the solman system use the transaction SMSY_SETUP to schedule the automatic data transfer.

You may refer to the "System Landscape Setup Guide". This guide can be found at:

http://service.sap.com/diagnostics

media library

regards,

allam

Botte
Explorer
0 Kudos

But you all talking about the software components of SAP Systems that are created in SLD?

I'm talking about the software components that are available in SMSY.

If I want create a system in SMSY and add components to that systems I have to select what is the product, version, component and SP level of that component. I'm talking about this information and can I update this information.

In SLD I have SAP SRM 7.0 EhP1 java created and the component of SRM JAVATOOLBOX is with version 7.0.1 but in SMSY I only have with version 7.0

Best regards,

Filipe Sacadura Botte

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Filipe,

The products information in transaction SMSY comes from the SLD via job LANDSCAPE FETCH. That's why you have to maintain the SLD and also ensure that this job is running.

This job should be scheduled via transaction SOLMAN_SETUP -> initial configuration -> step 3.

There are also some known issues regarding this data transfer and it's recommended to apply the central corrections note mentioned in SOLMAN_SETUP -> basic configuration -> step 2 as this will fix many issues.

You can refer to the document attached to note 987835 for more information about this process.

Best regards,

Daniel.

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Filipe.

You do not need to maintain your system manually in SMSY. It will be a hard work if you need to update the SMSY every time you upgrade your system.

I will try to explains you how it works.

Firstly, you have to register your system to the Solman SLD.

For ABAP system it is done through the transaction RZ70 and for JAVA system it is done through the Visual Administrator, refer to the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/7c/1966ab384d42a78deaebc74d33c032/content.htm

The managed system updates the SLD every day with all the system information which includes the software components.

In the Solution manager system the LANDSCAPE FETCH job runs everyday. This job gets the information from the SLD and updates the SMSY.

So, you have to ensure that this scenario is working in your systems.

Regards.

Allam

Botte
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, I understand that and is that what I have now, so why in SLD I have SRM 7.0 EhP1 JAVA with componente SRMJVTB, 7.0 in version 7/1 and in SMSY I have with 7.0 and when I use maintenance optimizer it try to download componentes for SRM 7.0 and not for SRM 7.0 EhP1?

Best regards,

Filipe Sacadura Botte

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok, now I understood the issue.

So, in the solman system go to the SM37 and check if the LANDSCAPE FETCH job is running ok. Check the job logs for any issue.

Try to schedule this job to force a SMSY udpate. If you still see the wrong version for your packaged check the SMSY logs.

Access tx SMSY, click on Logs -> Update Logs -> Display.

Check you find any issues here.

I hope this help.

Regards,

Allam

Botte
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

I don't find any error in logs about this Java system.

Best regards,

Filipe Sacadura Botte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand the components are updated in SLD. Landscape fetch job runs fine. But still the components in SMSY for the Java system do not get updated.

For the Java system 'component' for the Java system, in the header tab check if the 'last updated' date/time corresponds to the SLD refresh date/time and landscape fetch job date/time.

Or, as we normally use the report to update a single system SMSY_FETCH_SYSTEM_UPDATE as per note 1468559.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srikishan