Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM Report not displaying role long text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue when running the report S_BCE_68001418,program RSUSR070, the report is not displaying the long text related to the role slected. It appears only to be displaying that last line of the long description that is held against the role in table AGR_TEXTS.

We are currently on ECC 6.0

Has anyone also experienced this issue ?

Thanks

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

corrected with note 1543140.

Note 1493775 corrects a further issue with the long text.

b.rgds, Bernhard

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check if there are any layout's selected which is forcing the column Rolename. Check the layout management once.

Regards,

Raghu

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not feasible to display role long description. Normally people use it to keep some org specific info for ready use. It can not be used as absolute info as there are no track for changes.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

The option to display the role long text has always previouly been accessible within the report, by selecting the relevant long texts check box. Now when this box is selected the report only displays the last line of text contained against the role in table AGR_TEXTS.

Regards

Simon

0 Kudos

I never tried that in SUIM. Can this be a format issue? (cell size?). Let see if any one else can help. I am far away from a SAP system now

0 Kudos

Hi Simon

What I see using program RSUSR070 - roles by complex selection criteria; line 0 of agr_texts report is being displayed. Not sure how we can display all the lines of table agr_texts. But how are you getting the last line of table agr_texts tables output; shouldn't it be the line 0.

Best Regards

Prashant Tripathi

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

it's working here (7.02 system). Have you tried to engage a developer? You should get multiple lines for a role that has multiple lines in long text. The program is just trying to read records from table AGR_TEXTS. You can check it by yourself if there are multiple lines for your roles. If there is no record in that table for that role it falls back to FM PRGN_READ_OBJECT. This FM tries different languages.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I am going to request our ABAP team to look at the report. Thanks for letting me know it is working in your system.

Thanks

Simon

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

actually, it was 7.0 system, not 7.02. But I just tested it in 7.02 and it works there as well. The only difference is that it does not fall back to PRGN_OBJECT_READ anymore if there is no text in current logon language. No idea why it' not there anymore. But I would check what lines you have in AGR_TEXTS and what language is used for logon.

Cheers

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Simon,

Is it possible that roles were created by a user(s) that log on with a language other then the system default (instance parameter zcsa/system_language)?

If that is the case, you would only see long texts if you logged on with the same language as the user who created the roles did. This is because that if no texts are available in the language you're logging on with, the system tries to display texts in system default language and displays nothing at all if those are not available. This is the case even if you're logging on with a language equal to that of the system default.

Running on ECC 6.0 myself, and this is the behavior I have.

You can possibly resolve this by translating role long texts using transaction SE63.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

corrected with note 1543140.

Note 1493775 corrects a further issue with the long text.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for the answer I will apply the notes.

Appreciate your help

Best Regards

Simon