cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treatment of Bank Overdraft

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In trial balance there is Bank Overdraft A/c in which there is list of banks from which bank overdrafts are taken. I want to know whether I should create a separate account group for Bank Overdrafts or it can be trated in some other way. If there is other way, pls let me know how it can be done?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Bank O/D being your liability should be mapped in FSV under current liabilities node. Make sure its number range exist in between GL for current liability account group in OBD4. However if it does not then you will have to create new GL that falls under the current liability account group's number range.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I define separate account group for bank overdrafts, then all accounts under it would be defined as reconciliation accounts. Then i ll have to define separate sub accounts for bank od a/c. And then try to reconcile them.

Pls correct me if it can be treated this way.

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

I do not think so that you need to create separate account group for Bank O/D GL, there will be one Current Maturity & Short Term. You can create new GL there for it and then assign the sub accounts against it and then carry out reconciliation as per what you defined in F101 and FI12 for O/D bank account assignment. This is for your information. Please check it will resolve your issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can continue with one account; you do not need a separate account for overdraft. In financial statement version item settings (OB58), you have an option to show an item under liabilities if it is an overdraft and in assets if the bank accounts has a debit balance. Please see below.

You can link two items within the financial statement version as contra

items. This means that the final assignment of the account balances is

wholly dependent on whether the total balance of all the accounts making

up that item is positive or negative.

To define a debit/credit shift between two items, proceed as follows:

1. Ensure either that both items have no accounts assigned to them or

that both items have the same accounts assigned to them, in each

case all either on the credit side or on the debit side.

2. Select one of the items.

3. Place the cursor on the other item.

4. Select the menu path Edit -> Debit/credit shift -> Define

5. In the dialog box that appears, specify which of the two items is

the credit item and which is the debit item.

You can delete a debit/credit shift that has been defined by choosing

Edit -> Debit/credit shift -> Delete