cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOE.war redeployed, java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have installed BOBJ 4.0 and everything was working 100%. Then we followed the Windows AD Single Sign-on config in the Admin Guide, and on page 257 it says that you have to redeploy the BOE.war. After doing this the BOE application doesn't work anymore. We could get to the Tomcat main page (http://server:8080), and I could see the list of deployed applications from here, but when you try to access the BOE apps (http://server:8080/BOE or BOE/CMC), then we get a URL error with this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find framework

Does anyone have any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have find another solutions that works in our environment (your solution works as well)

In our case we didn't stop tomcat before deploying webapps with wdeploy tool, so I think that it was the cause of the problem, so to solve this, we followed the following steps:

1. stop apache and tomcat
  2. undeployall
  3. deployall
  4. start apache and tomcat

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per comments

glen_spalding
Participant
0 Kudos

good find. worked for me too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I have removed folder \Tomcat6\work\Catalina\localhost and restarted Tomcat. This resulted in the localhost folder being recreated again, but afterwards I still had an issue. So next step was to rename \Tomcat6\webapps folder to webapps.old and create a new (empty) webapps folder. Restarted Tomcat again and then it started building this folder as well. Now the BOE apps work again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into the same "java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find framework" error when I tried to access the CMC right after I applied patch 11 for BI Platform 4.0 SP02.

The steps that you listed fixed the error. For anyone else who tries this, it took about an hour for the system to rebuild the localhost and webapps folders so be patient.

Thanks a lot for the posting.

Rex