Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application interface Framework

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is anyone aware of this framework?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_aif10/helpdata/en/sap_aif_index.htm

I am looking forward to understand its usability, pros and cons.

How does it impact if we try yo implement it is an existing system? Will it involve custom coding?

Any inputs will be of much help.

Thanks and Regards,

Himadri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Himadri,

SAP Application Interface Framework (SAP AIF) is a solution that provides an approach for simple and easy monitoring and handling of a multitude of SAP application interfaces between SAP and non-SAP systems. AIF enables end users to develop and monitor interfaces as well as execute error handling in a single framework that resides in the customer SAP backend system.

AIF can reduce the effort and corresponding cost of implementing interfaces. SAP AIF runs in a customer SAP ERP environment in combination with NetWeaver PI.

AIF focuses on both the IT and business user communities. For the IT team, the framework enables customers to implement their interfaces based on pre-built rules for customizing. By using the framework, they can significantly reduce the effort and corresponding cost of implementing interfaces. For business users, the tool provides a user-friendly approach that both IT and

business users could utilize for monitoring interfaces and handling errors. The solution is integrated into systems where business users already work and authorizations are configurable in order to protect sensitive data.

Regards,

Richard Harrison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Do I understand AIF right that it enables us to implement Proxies without coding, but by customizing (besided the improved monitoring for end users)? I.e. we could define the tables and fields from where the content to be populated to the Proxy message structure is taken from?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Btw: What are the licence costs for this toolset?

Thanks for any reply,

Philippe

markus_gille
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

You can use the framework to build interfaces based on customizing. The interface structures for the proxy framework can be generated from the Enterprise Service Repository. After sending data to the proxy framework, processing will be continued in SAP Application Interface Framework. Inside the framework, you can implement (based on customizing) and execute steps like structure mappings, value mappings, checks/field validations, and actions (post data/execute function). The framework can process data inbound as well as outbound.

Another part of the framework is a user-friendly interface monitor where business users can monitor interface documents and do error corrections. The tight integration between interface implementation and monitoring inside of one framework allows unique features like automatic navigation to the specific field and structure which contains the data causing the error.

The framework supports access restrictions to interface documents by customizable authorizations. There are also features like mass processing of errors, an error overview which allows users to get a good overview about the different errors, and much more.

Regarding license costs, please contact your local SAP representative or send me an email. If you would like to have more information about the product, please let me know.

Best regards,

Markus

Global Solution Owner SAP Application Interface Framework

former_member326783
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Can you please let me know if AIF can be used to correct / reprocess queue errors (SMQ1, SMQ2) which happens between SAP and any other distributed system such as EWM.

Regards,

Vinit