cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV file over AS2 communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one scenario from proxy to AS2, will receive the data in PI over proxy communication and in Message mapping,will map the data to EDI structure and then I need to place that EDI xml as csv on the target using As2 communication.

Please provide your inputs on how can we convert EDI xml into csv over As2 communication.

Thanks,

Ruchi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

You can use the message transform bean to convert xml to file in AS2 adapter as well.

Regards,

Harish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>will map the data to EDI structure and then I need to place that EDI xml as csv

If it is EDI xml, you cannot convert it into CSV without mapping. Remember that CSV is comma separated? Are you sure you want to convert EDI-xml to CSV?

In my opinion, it is not logical and you may intend to convert EDI-xml to actual EDI file before sending over AS2. If that is the case, you need to use some adapter module for this conversion. e.g. you may use Seeburger BIC module for conversion, or you can create your own module, or check out modules provided by other third party vendors. MessageTransformBean can't convert EDI-xml to EDI.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to my knowledge what Prateek as said is right. U cant convert EDI XML files into CSV format using Message TransformBean. If u want EDI XML into CSV format you can create a map in BIC map editor for EDI XML to CSV. Then generate sda and sca files import it and Use this mapping in PI.

If I am wrong please correct me.

Thanks,

Enivass

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

If your requirement is creating EDI XML to CSV only then no need to create a BIC Mapping.

The Business Integration Converter Mapping Designer (BIC MD) is a graphical tool for the design of

mappings used by the BIC Adapter in the SAP PI server

It is used mailly to convert EDI format file to EDI XML and vice versa.

Creating XML-to/from-EDIFACT

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Debashish, do you mean that EDI-xml can be converted to CSV using MessageTransformBean as you suggested earlier?

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivatsava

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

EDI -Xml can be converted to CSV like a normal XML to CSV conversion until its not a deep nested structure.

It is used mailly to convert EDI format file to EDI XML and vice versa.

Creating XML-to/from-EDIFACT

If ruchi's requirement is to create a EDIFACT file or its a deep nested structure then obiviously she need to go with BIC Mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to convert EDI-xml to CSV only, I dont want the native EDI for which we do the BIC mapping and deploy sda/sca files.

and my EDI xml doesnt have a deep nested structure.

As inputs provided by you, now I am using the MessageTransformBean to do the same.

Thanks,

Ruchi

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

If you face any problem using MessageTransformBean Please let us know.

Regards,

Debashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for quick response.

I will use MessageTransformBean and will seek help in case of issue.

Regards,

Ruchi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer the following links for the Message Transform bean. You can use this in the modules tab of the AS2 adapter.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/HowTo...ContentconversionmodulewithJ2EEJMS+adapter

http://tleterme.developpez.com/bw/how/HowToConveModuleJMS.pdf

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchi,

You can use MessageTransformbean to achive this

Please see this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/4cad3baabd4737bab64d0201bc0c6c/content.htm