cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will system not AUTO re-draw the field's lengthsas per specified# of CHARs?

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am developing an interactive form with webdynpro ABAP.

I want to restrict the user to enter/input a specified number of characters in the input field, say, its NAME field, then i want allow user to enter 35 CHARs (in SAP the NAME field length is 35 CHARs), fo this am specifying the 35 as Max. Characters under Limited length under Filed tab of Objest on the form itself, its working fire.

But, i want system should design the WIDTH of this NAME input field equals to 35 CHARs only, even i manually draw this NAME field until right end point of form (its nearly 225 CHARs length), am looking that the system should auto re-draw the input fields as per the specified # of CHARs in Max chracters in the form

Do i need to do any settings to achive this? or auto re-draw is not possible ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vaibhav_tiwari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible to that system draws the width depending on the max chars at design time. And its because of the reason that characters in that field will be dynamic and system won't be knowing the width of every Character. For example 'I' and 'A' has different width. However the system can set the maximum number of characters and also the width can be expended as per the size of characters at run time. For this functionality you can set width in layout as "Expand to Fit".

In case you need to fix the width at design time only, then check by putting a value containing 35 chars in the default value field and fix the width in layout.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Answers (0)