cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need to register my IP Address?

0 Kudos

I need to setup my Solution Manager to download support packages and OSS Note Corrections.

For this do i need to register my IP Address with SAP or i just need to go through a few configuration steps.

Actually i am little bit confused about this, i have gone through the initial and basic configuration steps(SOLMAN_SETUP) but i was unable to download SAP Note Correction in step 2 of Basic Configuration.

Please note: SAPOSS RFC is not working

Please Advise,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to setup SAP Router, in order to do so you have to register you sap router hostname and public ip address with sap. Once you do this you will get a distinguish name, using which you have create certificate and setup sap router.

In order to register your credentials create a message under XX-SER-NET-NEW

Only when your sap router is up and running SAPOSS rfc will connect to sap server.

Regards,

SBK

0 Kudos

what is the procedure to register my SAProuter hostname and ip address with SAP and is it necessary to setup SAProuter?

is there anyway i can use SAPOSS RFC without registering without SAProuter and registration process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to create a message under XX-SER-NET-NEW and give them your hostname on which sap router is gonna be installed and your NATted public ip.

Without registering with sap, you cannot use SAPOSS rfc.

Hope this address your query.

Regards,

SBK

0 Kudos

Thank you Friends!

allam_drebes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The RFC SAPOSS is responsible to connect to SAP. This maybe the cause of your note download issue.

Check the note 982045, this note may help you.

982045 - Error calling the SAP back-end system

If it does not help post the error you are getting here.

Regards,

Allam