Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the permission while placing the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a production issue :

I am placing the .txt file into a SFTP server location from a SFTP Location[NO Transformation in the file]. (Sender and receiver channels are SFTP)

I am using user- user1(for example) which have the read write access to the particular folder, hence when it places the file it places with 664 permission .(This permission gives only user1 as read/write access , but other user have read only access).

The requirement :

The user2 want to deletes the file from the particular folder location , they want to know by any means can PI change the permission while placing the file into that location so that user2 can also have read/write access.

Can you provide the opinion whether it can be done using SFTP receiver channel or any other option to change the permission of the file.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using the shell script we can change the permission for the file. Develop as shell script code and try to change the permission.

Maintain ur script in "Run Operating System Command After Message Processing".

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know the permissions are related to the folder and the User not for files

While creating the access, a particular user authorizations related particular folder, not related to files.

So this should be done some thing like by giving the read/write access to user2 as well

Regards