cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change order data in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am keen to know on ways to change order data in APO say order category BI.....we want to change date by taking input from cif user exit APOCF006.We need this information for the ongoing project.

I know two options...1) using BAPIs 2) Not very sure about this option ...Function Module:/SAPAPO/OMORDER*CHANGE.

Could you please help to have better understanding on ways to change orders in APO?

Thank you

Best Regards

Nilesh Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh!

I wouldn't recommend accessing OM functions directly since you could easily crash or make inconsistent your LiveCache.

Isn't it enough to change the data in the Product view in /SAPAPO/RRP3? You need to have custom coding? What are you trying to achieve?

Will

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi and Clemens,

First of all...sorry for late reply...was away and out of action for few days.

Rishi.....R3 data is correct and we do not have GATP.

I am still wondering...if someone goes for second option...change GR time or transit Time at run for various purchase orders...

a) Will it cause any inconsistencies b) will system prevent me form doing that?

For query b, programmers here can tell me . Please share opinion on query a.

Thank you

Nilesh

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NilPat,

please check the BAdI

/SAPAPO/CL_EX_CIF_PO_INBOU BAdI-interface class, where-used-list will tell you BADi/enhancement name.

I think it is called in FUNCTION /sapapo/cif_po_inbound.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

Thanks for your reply.

Demand node ofr purchase Ordre( BF) in SNP is Conrel( BI category). We want to change date( start date) at this demand node . We will get this date from R3 using say non cif method.

There are few ways to do it....

1) If we ignore Menas of Transport( so essentially transit time or lead time in tlane) in that purchase order and change this requirement date directly using purchase order save BAPI( requirement node) ......Question will system allow us to do so and even if it allows us to do so will it casue some problem( inconsistencies) later?

2) Second option I am thinking is...

For one product we maiantain GR processing time in product location master and this is considered while determining strat date of BI (Start date= Delivery date -GR procesisng time- means of Transport lead time - some other times ....). For this product let's say we have 100 Purchase Orders (BF). We have requirement that each of these POs should get separate treatment while calculating Start date. It means start date can be different for different POs and once we change it forcibly then it shoulkd not change unless we again change it forcibly.

We are thinking to change GR processing time at runtime wheneveer Purchase Order is changed. So if GR time in product location master is 1 day ....for different Purchase Orders different GR processing time can be considered. Say for Po1...its 2 day...for P2 its 4 day.

Or similar way we can change transit time as given in means of transport in tlanes.

Will appreciate your or anyone's comment

Thank you

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh

Keeping APO out for a minute, are your dates correct in ECC ? APO does STO scheduling in livecache and this is based on a fixed logic (GI/ Transit/ GR). This can cause differences with ECC. You can see if customizing transactions CIFPUCUST02 in ECC and /SAPAPO/CIFPUCUST02 in SCM are helpful in preventing rescheduling in target systems.

Refer to OSS note 1342195 for prerequisites to ensure that stock transfers are scheduled consistently between ECC and APO

Do you do GATP on the Stock Transport Order ? If so, you may be able to use Configurable Process Scheduling (CPS) to get different Goods Receipt times/ calendars based on condition technique.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

I think BAPI_POSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI3 can be used to change issue element.RequirementX node talks about changing issue element. I guess it should allow to make changes in BI category.

Still working to find out how it can be achieved in this BAPI. You and anyone's viewpoint are welcome

Thank you

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Sorry I missed some part in assumption ....I think copy and paste mistake by me...I have added that part in italic font in assumption section..

============================================================================================

Thanks for your reply.

We are trying to bring one additional field( date) from standrad table TXPDAT in R3..In R3 we have added this field in user exit CIFPUR01 and on APO end we will add it to user exit APOCF006. Once we get this date in APO...next step is to overwrite date of order category BI with this new date. I am also searching for some BAPI in APO which can modify date of stock transport order BI category.

Will appreciate your thought on it.

Of course this has one assumption...

In APO we have means of transport in Transportation Lane with lead time. Whenever we send PO from R3 to APO. It goes and sits as BF category at target location along with delivery date.Then APO does backward calculaation using lead time in MOT of tlane to calculate date of stock transport order of BI category at source location. BF is Purchase Order category which acts as suply element and BI is corresponding demand element at source location. Assumption is that when we forcibly change start date of BI at source location...APO should not recalculate it and change to earlier date..based on Delivery date of purchase order BF category.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

NilPat

It's still not very clear what the end business requirement is. Could you explain ? What modules of APO are you using ? And what functionality are you trying to influence ?

FYI - Modifying ATP categories in APO will probably impact the Reconcilliation report (/SAPAPO/CCR).

RIshi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Thanks for your reply.

We are trying to bring one additional field( date) from standrad table TXPDAT in R3..In R3 we have added this field in user exit CIFPUR01 and on APO end we will add it to user exit APOCF006. Once we get this date in APO..._next step is to overwrite date of order category BI with this new date._ I am also searching for some BAPI in APO which can modify date of stock transport order BI category.

Will appreciate your thought on it.

Of course this has one assumption...

In APO we have means of transport in Transportation Lane with lead time. Whenever we send PO from R3 to APO. It goes and sits as BF category at target location along with delivery date.Then APO does backward calculaation using lead time in MOT of tlane to calculate date of stock transport order of BI category at source location. BF is Purchase Order category which acts as suply element and BI is corresponding demand element at source location.

Thank you