cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Rel Billing - VA43 - Account Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created a WBS element, then created a contract via VA41, In line item > Account Assignment > when we enter WBS element. Profitability Segment is not derived. When we remove the WBS element, then Profitability segment is derived and document flows to the accounting without any error.

Business requirement is to populate WBS element in Account Assignment.

Please let us know your thoughts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check WBS billing indicator is ticked and also are you entering DIP profile in Sales B tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply, I have checked via CJ03 > WBS element > Project Summarization, Account Assignment, and Billing elements are ticked. I have also checked in in VA43 > Line item > Sales B > DIP profile is in place. Checked the Dynamic Item Processor (DIP) profile in ODP1 and configuration is in place. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos

Hi,

When you enter WBS element, do you get error. If yes, then what is that error?

Also how you want the accounitng entries to be?

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

pls check the account assignment category for the contract material. Fot that you need to goto material master and check that , take the help of mm guy.

vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When WBS is assigned in the sales document, it comes the real account assignment object ( Not the sales document ) . Hence when you carryout billing , the revenue is posted to the project. During the settlement of project in CJ88 , the revenue and cost values can flow to COPA, based on the setltement rule.

When you assign the WBS element and generate settlement rule in the project, all the sales data should also get picked up in the profitability segment. SO probably your present scenario is OK.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not getting any error, while entering a WBS element in contract or billing document. But when we try to release a billing document to accounting it says cant do it, because the account ##### requires a profitabality segment populated and in our case it is not populated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, I see your point. But how would we create accouting document. We thought we will via VF03. and we are getting an error that profitability segment is required for this account.

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ricky,

I think COPA is not activated in your system.

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check the field status group of the revenue G/L account. If the profitability segment is mandatory, you can change it to optional.

If the issue is not solved, please let us know the error message number, which you are getting in VF01.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

COPA is activated and working as it should

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually we need those characterisitcs and value fields to flow through to the COPA. We have FSV configured correct and as required. We want profitablity segment to be populated when we create accounting docs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The characteristics and values fields will still flow to COPA once the project is settled after generating the settlement rule. ( During creation of settlement rules , all the characteristics , like customer, sales org etc will get copied into the project ). Please try this scenario in a test client.

In my earlier post , I was suggesting to check the filed status group of the revenue G/L and not the FSV.( May be its a type error from your end.)

If you still want the system to post the values to COPA at the time of billing ( VF01 ), then you will have to make the sales order as real cost object my changing the requirement class settings ( account assignment ) in SD and try.

Hope this help.

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creates a Settlement rule with PSG, allocation structure, and now while settling the project i m getting an error. That i have nothing to settle. There are no accrued amount , settlement is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input,

I can see the document in COPA table CE1XXXX, but it is not showing up in any COPA reports or KE24. Any Idea?

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IS profit center is maintained in your project / WBs elements ?

regards,