SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issuing a refund for non customer account

former_member221838
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to know the refund process for the customers for which account/s doesnu2019t exists in the system. Example - Payments received for the extremely old accounts which were closed / moved out before SAP system implementation. Or another example u2013 bank processes payments which hits suspense account (clarification work list) u2013 as account doesnu2019t exists in the system, company wants to refund that money to its actual source (if I am not wrong it is actually possible to refund through clarification transaction u2013 FPCPL i.e. to update refund flag). Please correct me if I am wrong. Any inputs would be of great help. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I would suggest you to create a suspense contract account for the purpose.

So post all the unallocated payments that you want to refund from the Payment CWL to the account.

Now, mark the individual items for refund, depending upon the payment method you select for refunding, and then run the FPY1 run for generating the refund entries.

This would have two benefits-

(a) The payment CWL will be clear of these unallocated payments.

(b) From a reconciliation prespective, it would be easier to reconcile from a particular account than from the clarification list.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This depends on the information available. If they come in and go to clarification, you can choose to clarify the payment by sending it out directly as a check (use repayment option). In this case, no SAP master data is required - but you do have to provide the mailing address and name to be used on the check. Using a dummy account of any kind will only lead to confusion - and eventually will be difficult to use if you have too many postings.

regards,

bill.