cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iView Call into MDM Not Handling Multiple Languages

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an EDM system where the portal/webdynpro client calls an MDM 7.1 vendor repository. One lookup is against the Regions table. The name field in this table is set to multilingual in the Console. We have various languages set up in the Console. The language tab in the Data Manager looks fine (has values for the different languages).

The problem is that when a user logs in through portal with the browser language set to English, the regions work fine. If they have the browser set to one of our other established languages, the region is empty.

Is there something else that needs to be set? I could not find anything in the SAP MDM Console guide.

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked at the two suggestions, and need to ask our portal person about the one.

After some more trial and error, I found that if I manually input a name value for Region (ex. MO) and Country (ex. USA) [country is used in Region table lookup) in the non-english language (ex. Spanish), it works in portal call. These Spanish fields contained the default English values (maroon coloration in data manager).

Any idea why the default English values are not getting used?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is your customized application, you have to check your code for the multilingual.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Please go through pg 28 of this document

http://213.41.80.15/SAP_ELearning/OKEC/nav/content/011000358700005402312006e.pdf

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ravi