cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anybody use ChaRM with their BW system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking to implement Charm for our BW system and I am looking for somebody that has experience with this. For example if you extract a new field from your ECC system and transport it via Charm, does the system recognize that this transport needs to finish generating the data in BW before it moves the next transport in line? Or do you have to manually import these transports into BW?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have u checked this

[|]

[|]

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi,

thanks for the links. They are not really the issue I have. We already have Charm for ECC, CRM, SCM, Portal and the setup is not really a problem. The issue I have around BW is really a different one. Today, without Charm, we have the issue that the transports are not going in in the sequence that they are released (the BW manager gives us the sequence he wants them to be moved) and that in between transports we have to wait until the generation of data in BW is done, before the next transport can move. This takes a lot of time and as this needs to be done in off hours it keeps a person busy on the weekend, which ideally I want to avoid going forward as we are not staffed for that.

So my question is if we are doing something wrong in general around the transports we do for BW (so that we have to wait and change transport sequences and do stuff manually) and if Charm is only going to make it worse....

Looking for tips and tricks on how we can get this to go automated... . How can we get this to improve?

Thanks for your reply and thoughts on this

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we use ChaRM also for our BW-Systems.

No manual steps are neccessary any longer ( transport management was adapted some time ago).

Best regards

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Horst,

We already have Charm for ECC, CRM, SCM, Portal and the setup is not really a problem. The issue I have around BW is really a different one. Today, without Charm, we have the issue that the transports are not going in in the sequence that they are released (the BW manager gives us the sequence he wants them to be moved) and that in between transports we have to wait until the generation of data in BW is done, before the next transport can move. This takes a lot of time and as this needs to be done in off hours it keeps a person busy on the weekend, which ideally I want to avoid going forward as we are not staffed for that.

So my question is if we are doing something wrong in general around the transports we do for BW (so that we have to wait and change transport sequences and do stuff manually) and if Charm is only going to make it worse....

Looking for tips and tricks on how we can get this to go automated... . How can we get this to improve?

Can you give me a few details on how your transports are going through for BW and if you encounter any of the above problems or how you might have resolved them?

Thanks for your reply and thoughts on this

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martina,

we use implementation projects ("corrections") as well as maintenance projects ("urgent corrections") in our BW environment

and it works fine.

Some time ago (perhaps 2 years ?) SAP modified or optimized the transport management for BW systems. No manual steps have to be done any longer while importing transport requests into test or production system. Thus we were able to establish CHARM in this kind of system landscape, too.

There is a SAP note (somewhere ) ... I'll try to find it...

Best regards

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

... I believe it was SAP note 1115759.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Horst,

thank you for your feedback. We will look into that. Appreciate your help.

Martina