cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T&E link misssing on the Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are on EhP5 and the T&E link is missing on the Portal. What do I do to activate and display the link?

Thanks for all your help,

Eziudo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

sorry for asking you a very basic question but do just doublecheck that you have the travel role (SAP_FI_TV_TRAVELER )assigned to your users and the business functions activated!!..is it the whole T+E link or just create expense report etc that is missing

Aside from that also check that the portal resource is correctly defined and pointed in the backend to correct resource

Financial Accounting (New)

Travel Management

Employee Self-Services

Homepage Framework

Resources

Define Resources

and check as per documentation that you have this defined for EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_EXPENSES_SRV05 etc

For the portal role, check that this is configured correctly as if the URL of the PCD page is empty for any resources this can

lead to missing service links . These need to correspond to the URL of the PCD page as per the hompepageframework customizing.

The URLs for the PCD page is delivered to client 000.

(Hint.. you are checking that the roles are configured for the URL with such standard roles as:)

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.

bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.

employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.

pct.erp.ess.area_travel_expenses/

com.sap.pct.erp.ess.12.expenses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

The whole T&E is missing. All the resources appear to be available. The URL for PSD page is as follows:

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_travel_expenses/

com.sap.pct.erp.ess.expenses

The difference between mine and yours is '12' before the expenses.

Additionally, the definition of "Server for Resources' has the following:

Name and Port: www.sap.com

Thanks,

Eziudo

0 Kudos

That was just a quick copy and paste as an example so dont think that is the problem but check it for sure against the entries in client 000, the travel and expenses page is defined with

ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.bp_folder/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.roles/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.employee_self_service/com.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_travel_expenses/

com.sap.pct.erp.ess.area_travel_expenses

And your role in PFCG has all relevant authorization objects and is assigned to all users?

The only other possible reason I could imagine is that business functions are not activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Sally,

I activated the objects in SPRO, unless there is something else I am missing. Since this is EhP5 do we still need the Homepage framework? I was told to try Tcode LPD_CUST.

Thanks,

Eziudo