cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of JCo in JBoss Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

does anyone know if the SAP JCo drivers are supported in other Application Servers (e.g. JBoss 6) ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The short answer is yes.

The longer answer:

As I am aware of, SAP does not guarantee that they work in application servers other than SAP WebAS per se, but I know that they work at least in Tomcat and Websphere. JCo does not include dependencies on the application server architecture and can also run locally with a Java application on your machine.

As JCo involves native code, there is a limitation on what Java/OS platform it is supported. For the current JCo 3.0, you may refer to SAP Note 1077727 for compatibility with your Java version and Operating System platform you run with JBoss.

Edited by: Christian Wunderlich on Jul 14, 2011 6:42 PM [minor spelling fixes]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

thanks a lot for your response.

Does that mean you can bind a JCo Connection pool to a JNDI datasource as it can be done with e.g. Oracle Connections ?

If yes, is there any documentation available how this can be done ?

Managing JCo connections/connection pools manually from within an EJB or Servlet wouldn't be the best option from my point of view.

Best regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best practice according to JCo 3.0 documentation is to manage your connections in LDAP or a database and to implement a custom DestinationDataProvider. Hence you can also use whatever possibilities your application server provides. But you need to implement the lookup yourself.

However, this way you can avoid managing your RFC connections manually.