cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 SSO Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We configured SSO to login to our PI 7.11 system from EP 7.02 system. It is working fine, but after comming into PI system when they try to open RWB or Integration Engine ..it is asking for user name and password again.So to solve this we configured SSO between PI internal components but it still asks to enter the password once. So is there anyway to avoid this ? The problem is security will disable the password so users cannnot enter their password here .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ca0fe42fbb5c97e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Our PI ABAP stack is autheticating to Active Directory and PI Java stack UME is pointing to ABAP UME, Can i change the PI java stack UME to point to Active Directory ?

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check both notes below and see if it solves your issue. First one is configuration-wise and the second one is a fix for Message Overview component not using SSO.

#757373 - Single Sign-On for Runtime Workbench

#1492476 - Message Overview doesn't use SSO ticket for actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santos,

SSO is configured for RWB but it is still asking for user name and password .

Thanks,

Srini

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you checked this?

Full Qualified Hostname

Set the parameter SAPLOCALHOSTFULL in the instance profile to the full and qualified hostname.

Refer to SAP Note 773830.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you need to enter username and password for the first time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish - Those parameters are set as mentioned int he note

Bhaskar - Yes, It is asking for the password for the first time. Can we avoid it ?As our system (ABAP stack) is authenticating to Active Directory(LDAP), can we authenticate Java stack also to Active Directory ?Will that solve the issue ?

Thanks,

Srini

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think for the first time we need to enter user and password.

Answers (0)