cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPatch error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install WAS 6.40 on a oracle database.

I have installed oracle 9.2.0 and its r2 patch on a windows 2003 machine. when i am trying to put the interim patch 3 on oracle 9.2.0.5, i am getting the opatch error

"The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Error in executing Java program to check conflict

ERROR: OPatch failed during pre-reqs check."

i am running the opatch from the directory of the patch itself. can anyone tell me how to solve this problem.

The service marketplace has listed this error but they did not specify a solution.

see notes 640910.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OPatch directory should be in $ORACLE_HOME directory. If it is in any other place this problem occurs

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Opatch.pl was not able to copy some dll files. Those i have to copy manually copy these files to the specified oracle installation directory. The Post installation steps in note 771077 executed smoothly.

Hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did install the installer upgrade before i did the hotfix install. Actually the problem was fixed when i modified the environment variables and set ACTIVE_STATE_PERL=TRUE and PATH=C:\Perl\bin;%ORACLE_HOME%\OPatch\;%ORACLE_HOME%\jre\1.4.2\bin\client;%ORACLE_HOME%\jre\1.4.2\bin;%ORACLE_HOME%\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

It worked for me.

Hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you upgrade the Universal installer before you applied patch. You may get errors if you do not install installer to the correct version prior to apply oracle patch

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you upgrade the Universal installer before you applied patch. You may get errors if you do not install installer to the correct version prior to apply oracle patch

John