cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying the BI Java SPS20, patch 30

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am about to upgrade my BI JAVA STACK to SPS20, patch 30, by using the following SCAs:

Java Patches

===========

BIBASES20P_30-10003477.SCA

BIWEBAPP20P_30-10003476.SCA

<Q1> If I upgrade the JAVA STACK to SPS20, do I have to upgrade the

ABAP STACK to the same Support Package level ?

(My current ABAP STACK level is SP18 (SAPKA70018 & SAPKB70018).

<Q2> Would you happen to have/know of any material (documentation/pdf files/links)

with complete steps of applying SP to either ABAP or Java stacks ?

Best regards,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Q1: it is not mandatory to have Java and ABAP on the same SP level, however you have to bear in mind that the diference can cause compatibility problems. Since the gap on your system is short I believe there will be no problem on having diferent SP levels.

Q2: I don't know which deployment tool you are using so I'll send documentation for both SDM and JSPM. For SDM please take a look at this:

/thread/1307746 [original link is broken]

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/63/2c4f65a54c4a4db1a3600397ae617f/content.htm

If you are using JSPM:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/87/4797422930c56ae10000000a155106/content.htm

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jonas Cella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your replies!

Here is the latest.

I have upgraded Java Stack SPS14 to SPS18 (same level as ABAP).

But I had to upgrade to the Java Stack SPS20 patch 5, since it is a requirement for my BI Portal !!

I am having some issues reported by the "SupportDesk" tool, as per Note 937697.

I would open up another thread for it.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

this new problem is out of my scope, unfortunately I can't help you on this. I believe that if you open a thread on the forum for this specific component they will be able to help you better. Feel free to close this thread when possible.

Regards,

Jonas Cella

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q1. Of course

Q2. On the SP Download Page, there is a INFO link right next to the Support Pack, click and chck the related Notes for any conflicts, normally BI Java Hot Fixes willl be released as well, so you can apply Hot Fixes if you face any issues.

Thanks

SM