Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop alerts Immediately in PI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Im from PI production support,

Alerts are getting triggered continously for a particular interface with out any failur of messgaes, I have also unchecked the Rule Active in alert configuration in RWB. still the alerts are getting triggered continously.

How do i stop the alert for a particluar specific interface?

Waiting For reply,

Regards,

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen this thread?.. checking suppressing multiple alerts of this rule might stop the alert message. If you have multiple interfaces referenced with the same rule then seperate out each rule for each interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You,

did u mean that i need to check "suppressing multiple alerts of this rule" for each interface incase of mltiple interface with same rule??

Madhu

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. If many interfaces are covered with single rule then it might impact all the interfaces, right? I want u to make sure that change does not impact all the interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i have done that but alerts are still getting triggered.

is there a possiblity that some jobs are running ?and if the job is ruuing, even after do everything in alert config, can alerts get triggered?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>is there a possiblity that some jobs are running ?and if the job is ruuing, even after do everything in alert config, can alerts get triggered?

Yes, Thats what I think. I guess that dynamic changes in rule while server running might not impact immediately.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto RWB---Alert Config.

Select the Alert Rule that you want to make stop

Un check the "Rule Active" option and Dont forget to click on Change Rule Button after this

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

that did not resolve the purpose and there were no jobs running in background as well.

We stopped and started the alert service in Visual Admin and ran job RSALERTPROC to delete old alerts.

One of these actions probably stopped the false alert generation.

Thank you all.

Madhu

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Check the notes below:

1) #953626 XI Alerting: How to deactivate the XI Alerting

2) #1015576 XI Alerting: How to switch off the logging

Regards

Mark