cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3RFC ---> XI ----> Oracle Database (SQL from RFC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to create an RFC->XI->JDBC(Oracle) synchronous service where the SQL statement is actually sent to XI as a parameter of the RFC. I have been going through blog 1671,3928,1772 and 2377 but nothing really fits.

I have my message mapping set up like blog 1671 (JDBC Stored Procedures), but I am getting adapter errors. The latest is:

"- 2006-08-18 10:15:39 CDT: Error: Accessing database connection 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@dev2:1521;DatabaseName=wmstest;SelectMethod=cursor' failed: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection to URL 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@dev2:1521;DatabaseName=wmstest;SelectMethod=cursor': SQLException: Io exception: Invalid number format for port number"

Can I use JDBC adapter this way? Does anyone have suggestions on how to use SQL as a parameter from an RFC?

We are performing this process in production today using Business Connector (and execSQL built-in service). We need to replace it with XI.

Thank you,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keith,

I a bit curious about your connection url:

sth like 'jdbc:oracle:thin:@dev2:1521:wmstest' is the format we are using here w/o any issues.

I do not exaqctly understand what u mean with <i>SQL as a parameter from an RFC</i>. You should have your own message type for the SQL statement that you are creating with a mapping out of your RFC data...

Regards,

helge

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not creating the SQL statement, the RFC passes it to me/XI. The RFC looks like:

Z_CUTWIRE_AVL

--request (string of sql data..select abc from xyz....)

--fields (for return values)

My message type looks like this:

cutwire_request_MT

--statement

-

sql_getData

-

action

-

sqlQuery

-

isInput

-

type

I am mapping the SQL statement (request) string into sqlQuery, hardcoding "EXECUTE" into action, hardcoding "CHAR" into type, and hardcoding "true" into isInput.