Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid repeating namespace declaration in xml output

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying an IDoc -> XML File (specifically UBL-format) scenario, and it is working fine. But the resulting XML contains repeating namespace declarations for each element, instead of a "common" declaration at the root element.

How can I avoid this, so the message contains the namespace declarations in root node, and only uses the namespace prefix for each element?

The target format, external definition, is an XSD with several import statements, and all external references have been set up, meaning all referenced XSD's are imported too, and have the "Source"-field set according to the import statement.

Sample result file (top of file only):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ns0:Invoice xmlns:ns0="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:Invoice-2">
<ns2:UBLVersionID xmlns:ns2="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonBasicComponents-2">2.0</ns2:UBLVersionID>
<ns2:CustomizationID xmlns:ns2="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonBasicComponents-2">urn:www.cenbii.eu:transaction:BiiCoreTrdm001:ver1.0:extentionId</ns2:CustomizationID>
<ns2:ProfileID xmlns:ns2="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonBasicComponents-2">urn:www.cenbii.eu:profile:bii05:ver1.0</ns2:ProfileID>
<ns2:ID xmlns:ns2="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonBasicComponents-2">9010045446</ns2:ID>
<ns2:IssueDate xmlns:ns2="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonBasicComponents-2">2011-04-19</ns2:IssueDate>
<ns2:InvoiceTypeCode...

PI version 7.11.

Thanks for all help.

Br,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I have exactly the same issue.

My target definition is build up by several xsd schemas and in the result message the namespace declaration is repeated on element level.

This increases the message size of the result message significantly

Do you find a solution for that issue?

If yes, could you please share it?

How should a XSLT mapping lokk like to remove ns declaration of element level and insert it in the root element.

The number of namespaces is dynamic

Best regards,

Jochen

former_member245887
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

With XSLT I can move the namespace declarations to the root element, but I need XSLT 2.0 for it, while SAP PI only supports XSLT 1.0 => solution cannot be used.

Anyone a XSLT 1.0 solution?

When I use Altova XMLSpy to generate an xml based on the XSD, then the namespace declarations at the right place, ie. in the xml root.

kr

Edmond Paulussen

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edmond,

Why don't use two XSLs?. One to remove all the namespaces and the second to add the namespaces to the root element (if the namespaces are always the same).

Regards,

she_eter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mon,

You can use below xslt 1.0 mappings.

The first one will copy all namespaces (declared) to a newly created root element.

The seconde one will delete the 'old' root element.

=> The result will look like an xml where the namespacesare moved to the root element.

First xslt:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

<Invoice xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xmlns:ns1="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:Invoice-2" xmlns:ns3="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonBasicComponents-2" xmlns:ns4="urn:oasis:names:specification:ubl:schema:xsd:CommonAggregateComponents-2">

<xsl:copy-of select="." />

</Invoice>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Second xslt:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8"/>

<xsl:template match="@* | node()">

<xsl:copy>

<xsl:apply-templates select="@* | node()"/>

</xsl:copy>

<xsl:template match="Invoice" >

<xsl:apply-templates/>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Kind regards,

Lode

0 Kudos

Hi She Eter,

Thanks. Those two XSLTs really helped to cleanse the look of the final XML output.

But technically is it wrong to display the Namespace in the child nodes?

Regards,

Rohan

former_member190293
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan!

I think where is nothing wrong in such representation unless the same namespace prefix is linked to different namespaces like that:

<ns0:Element xmlns:ns0="http://namespace1">

<ns0:Subelement xmlns:ns0="http://namespace2">

</ns0:Subelement>

</ns0:Element>

which is also possible but may lead to parsing errors.

Regards, Evgeniy.

she_eter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan DCosta,

It is definetely not incorrect to have the namespace in the child node.

The namespace only says: the yyy:element belongs to namespace yyy

This way two elements with a different namespace can have the same name but they actually are different elements with possibly different properties...

fi: ns0:body <> ns1:body

The problem mostly is: The receiving system simply cannot handle it.

Kind regards,

Lode

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can remove the Unwanted namespace by using

SAP standard XMLAnonymizerBean Adapter module.

You use this module to anonymize XML elements and attributes by removing namespaces or namespace prefixes from the XML document of the main payload.

You can define a particular namespace prefix for each namespace. You can also change the encoding attribute of the XML declaration.

See this Blog

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2007/02/02/remove-namespace-prefix-or-change-xml-encoding-with-the-xmlanonymizerbean

See SAP Doc

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/d169186a29570ae10000000a114a6b/content.htm

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response.

I'm aware of the XMLAnonymizerBean, but I need to keep the prefix for all namespaces, and I need to have all namespace declarations in the root node.

This usually happens automatically, but not for this scenario. Is it because of the structure of the external definition?

Any ways to fix this?

-Kenneth

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can write java or XSLT mapping to play with namespace.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/05/07/quick-tips-dealing-with-namespaces-in-xipi

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem here is not for removing the namespace prefixes or modifying it. So to deal with repeated namespaces , I agree you might have to achieve your desired target structure only using mapping such as java or xslt mapping. In this case, XSLT mapping might be easier and lesser effort than java.

KennethEriksen
Participant
0 Kudos

So you're saying that PI cannot create this target structure without modifying the result with xslt or java?

I find it hard to believe that PI cannot create the target structure based on the namespace declarations in the external definition. There the multiple namespaces are declared at the root node, which is what I expect would be the result also after mapping to this target structure.

Although I know the XML is syntactically and semantically correct as it is, it is very hard to read the xml with the repeating namespace declarations.

-Kenneth