cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to universe designer from Client Tools Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed BO XI R3.1 SP3 Enterprise version in Server System.

I have installed BO Client Tools in my Client System.I can able to login to CMC,Infoview through web browser in my Client System.

But strangely i couldnt able to connect to designer. i am giving http://IP Address:6400 as System Name.But i couldnt able to connect to Server.

I am getting error as SessionFacade::openSessionLogon with user info has failed(Unable to log on: Could not connect to server . Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running.

(hr=#0x80042a01)

Can you tell me how to solve this and what i need to give as System Name.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You shouldn't need the http://, just the IP address/server name and the port, e.g. MYBOSERVER:6400 or 1.2.3.4:6400

Make sure that you have selected the correct authentication settings too.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Map,

I have followed your suggestions,this time i am getting error like [repo_proxy 13] SessionFacade::openSessionLogon with user info has failed(Transport error: Communication failure.(FWM 00001)

(hr=#0x80042a01)

Could you tell me what i need to do further to solve the issue?

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add BOE server details in the Host file under the "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc" folder.

After that try you can able to login on the designer.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to your CMS Properties (through the CMC website), and set the IPv4 bound to the IP of your system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit,

Greatly i could able to Login to Client Tools like Designer,Crystal Reports.

But while Connecting a connection to BI cubes then i am getting error like Runtime exception has occured.(Licence key check failed.Check that you are licenced to access SAP data Sources).

But i didnt get these type errors,if i am working in Server system itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you installed the SAP Integration Kit on your machine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Map,

I have installed the Integration kit For SAP Solutions in Server Machine.There i could able to login and able to connect and everything is working fine.I hope no need install the same tool kit in every Client Machine.

Edited by: Venkat8130 on Jul 15, 2011 3:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're fine with Webi users but those users who need to design universes will need to install the SAP Integration Kit on their machines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Map,

I have followed your suggestion.

I have installed Integration tool kit for SAP Solutions with Client Option while installing.

I have entered BI Server details in Drivers host file also.

Now i can able to connect everything.

Now every thing is working fine.

Thanks for your valuable help.

Answers (0)