cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many tablespaces after 46c upgraded to ECC 6

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our landscape, our production server undergone a upgrade from 46C to ECC6. I am surprised finding so many tablespaces in this system whose names are that of 46C only and all of them a lot of data in them. I mean to say, I see PSAPBTABD,PSAPBTABI and so on so forth, instead of PSAPSR3700, PSAPSR3USER etc.

Can any one of you help me understand why it is so and how can I get rid of so many tablespaces? Can opting a heterogenious system copy (creation of new system using export and import) will help me out?

Some links and SAP notes will be helpfull.

Regards,

Soumen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thanks for your answers. I awarded points to Juan, as the answer is nearer. But very specific answer to my question is SAP Note 957917 - ORA: Conversion from old to new tablespace layout, which clearly says ...

"When you carry out a system copy, the procedure sets up the target system with the new tablespace layout from Release 6.10, regardless of whether the source system uses the old or the new tablespace layout." and thus answered the main question.

My issue is solved, I have converted the tablespaces in the new format, but it seems I got a new Alien tablespance PSAPR3ODS - seems because of remnants of BW objects in ECC. I have posted a new thread on the same. [Here it is |;

Once again thanks all for the help.

Regards,

Edited by: Soumen Chattopadhyay on Aug 10, 2011 8:38 AM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can reorganize your database using system copy export/import method and then unnecessary tablesapce will be removed.

Thanks

Sunny

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indeed this can be done during the upgrade or import/export process...

0 Kudos

HI Juan,

Thanks for telling export import will do.

But before I propose to do, I need to be more sure. Can you point me to something sort of links of document or SNOTE.

It will be more helpful. be cause by production database is huge (4 TB). I want to be more sure before doing so.....All the important factors --- man hour and business downtime is involved.

Regards,

0 Kudos

HI Juan,

Thanks for telling export import will do.

But before I propose to do, I need to be more sure. Can you point me to something sort of links of document or SNOTE.

It will be more helpful. be cause by production database is huge (4 TB). I want to be more sure before doing so.....All the important factors --- man hour and business downtime is involved.

I was actually looking into the factors like whether I do need to specify something special when I am importing and/or importing...Above factors does not give me too many testing options.

Regards,

Edited by: Soumen Chattopadhyay on Jul 15, 2011 8:22 AM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically the assigment of TABART's to filesystems is exported to DDLORA.TPL when doing an export... I think the best is to change the assignment on TAORA, IAORA and TSORA just before the export and then check that the assigment is correct on DDLORA.TPL before the import, after the import unwanted tablespaces will be empty

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Soumen,

As per the above replies, in order to execute an offline reorg, you should perform a homogeneous system copy using export/import method. For this can ollow the system copy guide of SAP:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

You may use use SAP note 646681 as well, starting by reorging the smallest tablespaces. This wil free up space and hopefully give you enough free space to reorg the big ones.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All depends on the assigment of tablespaces to the different TABART's... check table TAORA

To remove some of the tablespaces you'll have to move the data and change the info in TSORA, TAORA, IAORA to point to the right tablespaces... otherwise you'll get some nasty errors on the DB checks

Regards

Juan