cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSISOFT PI System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone has experience using BO with PI?

PI has ODBC and OLEDB drivers and whilst it is possible to use them with Crystal, we would like to use Webi. Currently there are issues using the ODBC driver with the Universe Designer.

Are there ways of extending the number of data sources available to Designer? I have seen registry/XML hacks on BoB but this is not an option. I want a supportable customization.

Thanks,

Michael.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning Michael.

What version of BusinessObjects are you on and what type of database does PI sit on?

Does it have its own proprietary data access layer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on XI 3.1 SP3.

OSISOFT PI System uses a proprietary data store that is optimized for high speed capture and retrieval of data (it is used for SCADA systems).

OSISOFT provides both an ODBC driver and an OLEDB driver.

It also allows access via linked servers in SQL Server.

I would like to be able to develop universes directly on data connections using the native ODBC or OLEDB drivers NOT via SQLServer as we are doing at the moment.

You can find out more here: [http://www.osisoft.com/|http://www.osisoft.com/]

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to use it directly, I'd recommend discussing it with your SAP support representative if you cannot get a standard SQL Server OLEDB connection working. The bespoke PI data access layer probably isn't on SAP BO's list of supported connections. Generic ODBC may work but you're potentially limiting the functionality of the universe by using that.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Currently we are directly reporting off the Sql Server based on OLEDB connectivity. We are trying to connect directly to PI system based on OLEDB Enterprise connection type. It would be great if you have any inputs on this

Thanks

Prashant

sergeyguzynin
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Did you create reports using universes and WI? I m too need reporting from SQL Server based  on OLEDB connectivity. Could you, please get me instruction as  define properties for connection to access data?

Thanks

Sergey

Answers (0)