SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment budget exceed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i'm facing a problem with payment budget exceeded. I searched in the forum but found no good answer.

Today I activated Availability control in the system.

I entered $100 payment budget with Fund center P12 /commitment item 5001 /Fund EU in t-code FMBB and then check report FMAVCR01 that $100 is available for consumption.

However when I try to create PO or Funds Reservation, error u201CPayment budget was exceeded by 100 EUR in document item 001 P12 /5001 , Fund EU u201D always pops up.

Can you advise me what is the possible issue and how to deal with it?

thanks

irene

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your tolerance profiles logic; make sure that the percentage for the availability check is properly defined. Are you using controlling objects derivation strategy? If yes, check carefully its logic too. What update profile are you using?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I checked OF20, the tolerance setting should be ok.

i didn't assign any derivation stategory to control ledger

The update profile is 00101, I copied from other FM area.

Now I changed it to 00350 and it seems availability check can not find payment budget exceed error anymore...

0 Kudos

Hi,

OF20? Do you use former budgeting? This transaction is valid only for former; for BCS you should use another. What do you mean by changing updte profile? I'm afraid, it's not possible after transactional data has been posted. It will have an impact on all the budget control flow. If you change the profil, you have to delete all your FM transactional data and reconstruct it and obviously there are certain risks involved in this process.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I'm new to this topic. So I'm trying to configure the test system and check FM functionalities.

I think I should not use former budget, can you tell me the other way to customize it ? And which update profile should be used normally.

thanks,

Irene

0 Kudos

Hi Irene,

For the customization of BCS, you can refer to help.sap.com: they have quite comprehensible documentation there. For the update profile, it's purely depending on your business requirements. The main question is basically whether you are using two budgets, commitment and payment, or only one. As I already said, you have to be very careful in picking the profile as changing it afterwards would be barely possible. Also, give consideration whether or not using PBET for your actual and commitments.

All this information could be found under FM module topic on help.sap.com

Regards,

Eli