cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am facing an issue with invoice. When i am cancelling an invoice , the system is actually not clearing the accounting doc for original invoice and neither it is clearing the accounting doc for cancelled invoice.

Also if i see the customer line item of the accounting doc for the cancelled invoice , then instead of taking the posting key as 12 i.e. Reverse Invoice it is taking as 11 : Credit Memo which is quite unusual and as far as i know this is something standard and not modifiable.

Kindly let me know if you can suggest any solution or comments to this issue

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread Closed.It was an issue related to recent upgrade.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Accounting document will not get cleared status unless customer payment has been received and posted in FI through F-28 or F-32.

In case you cancel invoice before the payment has been recorded, the incoming payment outstanding against the customer is nullified or knocked off, which will result in no accounting impact.

Kindly check your case on these lines and you will get your answer.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Yes thats the standard way that the system should behave i.e. Once you try to cancel the original invoice in the system before recieving the payment, the system will automatically nullify the same and the status for both the accounting documents for original and cancelled invoice will stand "cleared" in the system.

But this is not happening the same way as we understand. Here even though you have cancelled the status of both the documents is "open".

Kindly let me know your comments / suggestions .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check copy controls in VTFF.

Cancelled invoice should have the original invoice number in header and original invoice should contain the cancelled tick at header.

Check if you are getting those status in the respective documents.

Also, your delivery or order with reference to which the invoice was created will become open or being processed.

Also try running std program for reorganization of status indexes in SE38 , program RVV05IVB.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread closed