cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying users & roles across system

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a ABAP based demo system and a development system.. I had created a couple of users and roles in different clients in the demo system. I need to transfer all of them to the development system and scrap the demo system. The development system does not have any users / roles at this time. These systems are not configured in same transport domain either. I have created same clients in the development system.

What is the best way to transfer roles & users across the system for all the clients or if I'd want to do selected clients ? Would it be best to

- configure a virtual system in stms for demo system and

- then export SAP_USER..

- carry the data/cofiles to the development system and

- import them there ?

OR should I import/export roles from pfcg for all clients individually ?

Also, is it possible to assign them a common password once they are transported ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

If you want transfer only roles and users then remote client copy is also a good method through SCC9. select the SAP_USER profile and copy. You need o create a RFC between demo and dev seystem

Another process is - Do a MASS DOWNLOAD for all the roles in your machine and upload on DEV server.

The other process is NO need to create a virtual system. You just create a Transport request for all the roles and users in DEMO system. copy the cofile and datafile for that perticular transport in your dev server in the usr/sap/trans directory. And add that perticular request number in dev server through STMS and try to Import.

Warm Regards

Pranay Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remote client copy would make sense and it would be easier than copy data files and co-files using export/import method.

Use eCATT for mass password reset.

Regards,

SBK

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

You plan is not bad, you can use CATT scripts to mass reset passwords

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

You perform Client Copy with SAP_USER, where all the details would be copied.

Thanks,

Sandeep Singh