cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No client certificate presented error - FTPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on an integration scenario involving SAP XI as FTP Client and external FTP server as server. We had configured the communication channel the following manner,

Data Connection: Active

Connection Security: FTPS for Control and Data Connection

Command Order: AUTH TLS , USER, PASS, PBSZ, PROT

Use X. 509 certificate for client authentication : Ticked

and the relevant certificate store and private key selected.

User Name: entered.

However when we try to send a file, the traces are indicating that the FTP server is expecting Client certificate but SAP XI FTP Adapter is not sending it and we are getting "No Client Certificate presented error"

We also notice that the client is successfull in executing the following commands

1. AUTH TLS - successfully completed

2. USER, PASS - success fullyu completed

3. PBSZ - done

4. PROT - Port open

5. SYST - XI tries to send the command SYST but the server expects client certificate at this point in time and hence the ftp adapter fails.

When we tested using another freeware ftps client, ther server works OK. So it appears that there are some issues with FTPS server.

Has anyone seen this issue?. - Any reason why this might happend?.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

I know this is an old post, but it looks like I've ran into the same issue. Do you remember how you solved this?

Iddo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arul,

Have you deplyed the Certificate in Visual Admin?

If so then use the same keystore values in the adapter configuration.

As per your perception, I understood that it not able to recognize the certificate. right?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hareen.

Yes. We had deployed the certificate and used the same certificate in the communication channel configuration.