cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u201CDo Not Participateu201D Button after submitting the Response!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was probing the exact business interpretations of u201CParticipateu201D, u201CDo Not Participateu201D. The information in the thread is very easy to understand and very much convincing. But the behavior or these buttons is highly confusing!

Bidders can indicate their participation prior to submitting an RFx response 

1. The bidder gets u201CCreate Responseu201D button, even before confirming u201CParticipateu201D button. With this, it can be interpreted as u201CParticipateu201D it is an optional step, the bidders can go ahead creating the response, without clicking on u201CParticipateu201D button.

2. The u201CDo Not Participateu201D button is available even after the RFx Response is created and submitted. u201CDo Not Participateu201D button is also available in u201CRFx Responseu201D!

I think, once the Response is submitted, and then later if the bidder wishes not to participate, he/she should not click on u201CWithdrawu201D button. I also observed that, if the bidder clicks on u201CDo Not Participateu201D it does not control any further activities.

Why bidder is getting u201CDo Not Participateu201D button even after submitting the Response? Is it a bug?

Or how it should be interpreted?

Ganapathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathi,

Clicking 'Participate' and 'Donot participate' button is an option step. A bidder can straight way create a response without clicking any of the button.

Basically, the purpose of the two buttons is to let the buyer know of the intention of the bidders and probable no of the actual bidders vs invited bidders. In some cases, the buyer can know in advance that very bidders are actually interested and hence cancel the bidding event althogher. Thus, the introduction of the two buttons is intended to make the bidding event more interactive. It does not control any further action.

May be SAP will enhance the functionality in future.

Hope it helps you.

regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjan,

Thanks.

Your answer again giving these the same information which was given in the thread which I referred. This explanation is pretty convincing. This relates to point number1 of my question. I am very much ok with it.

The question is why the u201CDo Not Participateu201D button is available even after the RFx Response is created and submitted?

2. The u201CDo Not Participateu201D button is available even after the RFx Response is created and submitted. u201CDo Not Participateu201D button is also available in u201CRFx Responseu201D!

I think, once the Response is submitted, and then later if the bidder wishes not to participate, he/she should not click on u201CWithdrawu201D button. I also observed that, if the bidder clicks on u201CDo Not Participateu201D it does not control any further activities.

Why bidder is getting u201CDo Not Participateu201D button even after submitting the Response? Is it a bug?

Or how it should be interpreted?

Ganapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any further response?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganapathy,

I suggest you to raise a OSS message to SAP. This functionalities (interactive bidding) are still evolving and it makes sense to report your feedback to SAP so that they can take it into consideration in future devlopment efforts.

Being an ex SAP employee, I know SAP always appreciate such feedback.

regards,

Ranjan