cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Memo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want some info regarding billing. If i generate a invoice of rupess 10000 and do the delivery. On receiving the goods the customer finds out that only goods worth 9000 are in order rest rupees 1000 goods are damaged. Now i want to know wether the customer has to make full payment after that i can generate credit memo for ruppes 1000 or wether the customer can directly pay rupees 9000 for the goods that were in order.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you create a billing for total quantities and then credit memo with ref to the billing document for the damaged quantities. So , your customer will be supposed to pay 9000 after you create credit memo for 1000 Rs.

With Regards

S.Siva

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose i have made the delivery, 2days after the delivery the customer finds out the some goods are damaged. But i have already raised a invoice for rupess 10000 and i have sent the invoice to customer. Now i want to know wether the customer has to makle payment for the complete delivery or he can just make payment for the good that were recieved in order.

Now suppose dicount is issued on quantity since the discount was calculated on 100 item but only 90 items were found to be in order, then how the discount amount will be settled. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The customer can just pay for what he has received.

Assuming that the customer is sending back the damaged goods.

Your credit memo will take care of the discounts and taxes when you create it with reference to the original invoice - the pricing is copied from the billing document.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Raise a credit note and send it to the customer. Customer will pay only 9000 , as he has got credit for Rs.1000.

When posting payment , accts dept will select both documents against customer payment.

When you refer billling document to raise Credit Memo , discount amount will be settled based on your Prcing Procedure settings/

With regards

S.Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I want to know wether the customer has to make payment of rupees 10000 before and then i can issue a credit memo. Or the customer doesnot has to make payment first. I can directly raise credit memo and customer can pay 9000 ruppes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you dont want to wait till customer pays 10000. After you create Credit memo for Rs1000 , ultimately , customer will be supposed to pay only Rs.9000. Customer doesnt want to pay 10000.

With Regards

S.Siva