cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy control B/W Sale order to Sale Order

0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am creating a sale order WRT to another sale order for my client's business process. In the Target sale order, I am able to change the qty more than the reference document, this should not allow. I have tried with VOV7 completion rule with combination of VTAA copy control settings for Sale documents. But still it is allowing to increase the qty.

Do we have any standard solution or do we need to go for User Exit.

Regards

Praveen...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

If you are copying from Item category A to B , then maintain completion rule 'b' for A

The in VTAA, item level put the qty as +ve.

When you do the cycle you are sure to get a message that the target qty has been fully reference.

Now, with the help of ABAPer, make this message 'E'.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Hegai,

I have done the VTAA settings and gettin the Warning message, It is a V1 message, which we cannot change in OVAH. But once we correct this in Standard code, the SAP support will go of for the client.. that the reason client is asking for some other way around.

Regards

Praveen.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with sale order User-Exits in program MV45AFZB - USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP. Incidentally, I will be happy if you can explain the process in which the situation warrants to create a sale order referencing another sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Edited by: Lakshmipathi on Jul 14, 2011 2:46 PM

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Please check the following thread.

My suggestion is , please use a copying requirement for your scenario.

Copy the copying requirement which is assigned now in VTAA, item level.

Add the following logic.

If VBUK-RFSTK of the referenced order = C , do not allow copying.

But you also have to maintain the other settings , ie, completion rule for item category as B .

Also understand that , this setting will not be applicable for the documents already created.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I would like to share with you a scenario where i had to do a Sales order to Sales Order copying.

My client have a warranty Process for which we have a sales order (ZXXX) and there is no delivery, but we pass credit memo when such a claim is processed (warranty order is created).

Now some time back business decided that they will not be giving credit memo for all the warranties , but for some materials they will be supplying the materials ( instead of giving the credit )for which we will have to bill .

ZXXX will be having both non-warranty materials and warranty materials.

ZXXX order is having Order based billing .

Hence we had to make another sales order ZYYY for this process.

we configured a copy control from ZXXX to ZYYY and wrote a check such that only those materials for which the business has not maintained in a Z-Tables as non-warranty material will be copied to the NEW ORDER TYPE.

This order type ZYYY is a delivery based billing and so we do the delivery and then invoice.

The other process will happen parallel (i.e, materials having warranty will be having ZXXX and Credit memo.

Materials without warranty will be having ZYYY-Delivery-invoice.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the copy control you donot need a user exit but a VOFM routine (see transaction VOFM). Most likely you will need the Data Transfer menu. The routine must be assigned to the copy control in configuration. Do a search, these routines have already been discussed here before.

Make sure to check the OSS notes

If you still feel you need a user exit, the full list is here:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/SDUserexits]

Regards,

Anbu

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you set a '+' sign under Pos/neg quantity field of item copy control section? Pl try and revert, if not.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Enter 'B' in the completion rule for the item category. Are the order types same? if the order types you are referencing are different, then check the completion rule for both item categories.

Regards

Madhu