cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM-SUS plan driven with SI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Experts

we are implementing SRM verion 5 and SRM server 5.5.and follow a MM-SUS scenarios.

Following is the process

1 Create a PO in MM R3

2 Create an Purchase order response in SUS by the supplier

3 Create an Advance hipping notification in SUS by Supplier

4 Create a GR against an ASN in R3 MM.

5 Create an Invoice in SUS by the supplier.

Now Queries --

1 Can a Z report created in R3 be displayed in SUS as XI also plays a mapping role

2 What are the steps which should be follow to display the Z report of sap R3 to SUS ( We are not using BW server at all)

3 Can a txt file with header columns created in r3 be displayed in SUS after converting in XI.

4 To implement the SUS, what are the various master data required to be downloded. MM-SUS scenario on EBP.

I will defineltly reward points .

regards,

Nimish Sheth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Nimish,

My idea is not transferring the data via XI, just hyper link solution.

I would create a ITS service which call the report and display the result in R/3 side. From SUS side, create the hyper link which points the ITS service in R/3.

If you have External ITS, you can use old ITS Web reporting technology. If you have Enterprise Portal there are several way to implement.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nimish,

What is the version of your R/3 system? Is it higher thank 4.6C? If it is then you can have proxy connection between SUS and R/3 system directly.

If you are using SRM 5.5 Server,which I presume you are, then BI 7.0 (BW) comes as default with it.(Here you will not need a separate BW server!!!) So you can very well use it for your reporting purpose.

As per as master data is concerned, there is no data which is to be downloaded. There is no download and upload here. You will have to apply a msg type to the document (say POs,SAs, DS, Vendor Master Records) and as per the configuration on R/3 side these documents will be migrated to SUS.

UOM,currency etc data is retrived from R/3 system with a help of running standard reports in SRM system.

Hope this information will help you out.

Best regards,

AMIT

PS: Can you pls forward me the cook book material about which you have mentioned in some other thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amit

We are havning R3 4.7 and SRM SErver 5.5.

you mean to say that there is no sparate server required for BW and BW is part of SRM 5.5. Any way if we decide not to use BW and go with direct display of reports.

Then pls confirm follwoing things,

1 Zreport in R3 has to be mapped in XI server Is is possible.

2 Secondly the same report in SUS can be displayed (Do we have to create iveiws for the same in SUS )

we are not having Enterprise Portal the SUS URL will be directly shown to the Supplier.

Regards,

Nimish Sheth

I have send you the cook book pls go through the same,

former_member191111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nimish,

As you have decided not to use BW you can very well use R/3 reports for vendor .You have to make RFC call to R3 with or without XI .

you have to develop BSP application for the supplier in which you can show whatever you want in report .

But mine suggestion is, instead of Showing R3 reports to suuppler developed BSP applications & by assigning role you can very well controll it to the various supplier .

If you Show R3 Reports through RFC it will increase load on your R3 Server .

Regards,

Sachin S M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin

Thanks for confirming that we can display the R3 reports directly without XI into picture.

Do you have a document on how we can show the R3 reports in SUS directly and how to build an BSP pages.

I will reward full points for the same .

thanks a lot you can send it at sheth.nimish@gmail.com

Regrds,

Nimish Sheth

former_member191111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nimish,

You find details of BSP on following link :

/people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2005/08/21/running-your-first-bsp-application-in-sap-netweaver-04-abap-edition--nsp

/people/ravikiran.chittum/blog/2006/08/10/working-with-modal-dialog-in-a-bsp-application

Here you have to incorporate all the requirement in BSP which you are planning in R3 Report via RFC .

Regards,

Sachin S M