Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have two questions regarding SCPM:

- do we need EP or is it optionnal ?

- how can we logon to SCPM after the installation?

thank you

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for your answer. We have already BW abap and java.

For a demo installation is it obligatory to have EP or not ? Is there a way to logon to SCPM 1.0 or 2.0 without having EP ?

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

SCPM 1.0 UI is delivered only through the portal. There is an iView to which you need access.

SCPM 2.0 UI is delivered thought ABAP so technically you do not need portal to launch the UI.

But keep in mind both releases depend heavily on BI-JAVA as they use BICS component which is available only in BI-JAVA.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Rohit for your very helpfull answer.

How an end-user can access to this iview ? This need customizing ?

I cannot find any documentation that explains this step after the installation of the SCPM.

Christophe

Edited by: christophe bontron on Jul 18, 2011 12:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

The application has 2 components, ABAP & JAVA add-ons. The JAVA add-on provides an iView and portal role. When this role is granted to the user this will add a new portal tab which would grant access to the end user. So no additional customizations are needed to access the application.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

I managed to start SCPM but I have the following message : No user ID is provided and the logon process stopped.

Any idea ?

In BW the user has the following roles:

SAP_XA_SCPM_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_XA_SCPM_BUY_MGR

SAP_XA_SCPM_CONTENT_CREATOR

SAP_XA_SCPM_DM

SAP_XA_SCPM_PL_MGR

SAP_XA_SCPM_RUNTIME

SAP_XA_SCPM_SL_MGR

SAP_XA_SCPM_SUPPORT

SAP_XA_SCPM_TECH

SAP_XA_SCPM_TR_HEAD

SAP_XA_SCPM_TR_MGR_OUTBOUND

SAP_XA_SCPM_USER

SAP_XA_SCPM_USER_BETA

SAP_XA_SCPM_VP_SCM

SAP_XA_SCPM_WH_MGR

thank you very much for your help

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

This to me seems like some missing configuration steps, please check the 'Problem and analysis guide' on service marketplace (http://service.sap.com/instguidesscpm). Also assign other SAP_XA* roles as well, one of the other role that is required is SAP_XA_USER.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

Just check after removing SAP_XA_SCPM_CONTENT_CREATOR role. As per my understanding, this role needs to be assigned when a detailed report needs to be created. And, with this user role the user would be restricted from performing normal activities.

Regards,

Vimal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The previous problem has been solved. the setting for the connection between BW java and abap was incorrect.

Now I have the following error message: User <user> does not have any role assigned.

Any idea ?

The roles SAP_XA* have been assigned to the <user>.

thank you

Christophe

tkhiani
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

"User Does Not have Roles Assigned" is a generic error message. It is not always because of the required roles.

It would be great if you can follow the section 6.28 in the Problem Analysis Guide. Please follow the steps to identify the source of the issue.

Link to the Problem Analysis Guide for SCPM 1.0: https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718224&_SCENARIO=011000358700000001...

The main reasons for this issue could be:

1. Client Copy: Use transaction SCC1 to run a client copy from 000 to the required client SAPKIBIIP5, SAPKIBIIP6, SAPKIBIIP7, SAPKIBIIP8, SAPK-200AGINOPMFND

2. WAS Host & Port to be used in Portal System & Visual Administrator Destination Settings Transaction 'smicm': goto > paramaters > display (HTTP,HTTPS)

3. Test Portal System Connection: Log on the the portal > System Administration > System Configuration > Portal Content > (portal system) > Connection Test

4. Activation of all web services Transaction 'sicf': sap > bc > srt > rfc > sap

5. Test JCo Connection: http://<host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcwdtools/Explorer > Maintain JCo Destination > Select & Test JCo destination: 'OPM_APPDATA'

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

1. First the BI content installed in our system is 704 level 5, so I think I cannot find the requests SAPKIBIIP5, SAPKIBIIP6, SAPKIBIIP7, SAPKIBIIP8 in order to make the client copy.

2.in the SMICM transaction i have 2 ports:

- Services

icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=8003

the one that has to be set in the visual administrator is the one that is under Services? and could you tell me the exact path in the visual administrator.

3.connection test is ok

4.all the web services are active. But the web services does not appear in transaction WSADMIN.

5.connection test is ok

Also the first step of the 6.28 of the problem analysis guide was not successfull: I have the following error message:

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing your request

Exception id: 03:25_30/08/11_0013_37644050

See the details for the exception ID in the log file.

where can i find the log ?

Any suggestion ?

thank you

Christophe

tkhiani
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe ,

1. The services do not appear under WSADMIN because the client copy was not done. Please follow the procedure for a client copy in the installation and configuratin guide.

2. Once the services are available just check if the web services are active in SICF

3. You can find the HTTP port by following the procedure: smicm > goto > paramaters > display (under services). The HTTP port is the same port used in Visual Admin and WAS Host/Port in the portal system connection.

If you complete Step 1 and 2 the application would come up.

Thanks & Regards,

Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

thank you for you help.

In the installation guide, the client copy has to be made with special selection: SAPKIBIIP5, SAPKIBIIP6, SAPKIBIIP7, SAPKIBIIP8. In our system these requests do not appear. I think the reason is that we have BI content 704 level 5.

In client 000 I can see all the required services. Should I make a full client copy or can I transport the required services with transaction WSCONFIG -> web service-> transport ?

IT is ok, the problem has been solved by transporting the services from client 000 to my client using the transaction WSCONFIG -> web service-> transport .

best regards

Christophe

Edited by: christophe bontron on Sep 1, 2011 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

SCPM 1.0 & 2.0 need BW ABAP + BW JAVA installed and configured.

In 1.0 you should be able to assign your self SCPM portal role (in addition to SCPM ABAP roles) that grants you access to a new portal tab that allows you to launch the application.

In 2.0 you can use the following URL of launch the application = http://<portal_host>:<portal_port>/sap/fcprt?app-config=scpm

Regards,

Rohit