Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress a normal auth check

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know in most business scenarios this is not normal. However, please consider this question.

A developer, at the request of the business partner, wants to create a custom transaction code like a traditional transaction...say me22n. It's purpose is to update a standard PO (NB), which the user is not normally authorized to do. The developer has been asked to only offer 2 fields for update, not all fields.

So, normally, the user would have me22n, but not have m_best_bsa for updating an NB type of purchase order - but he is allowed to update other types of purchase orders. However, though this custom transaction, we would like him to be able to update the standard PO, but only two fields.

Because the custom transaction runs the standard program, the normal auth checks are taking place, preventing the person from updating the standard purchase order. If we grant the access required by the program, we will introduce a problem. The user already HAS me22n to update other types of purchase orders "legally"...but now we've granted the object they did not have. Via me22n, they can now update all fields on a standard purchase order (type NB).

So, do you copy the standard program and make a custom program, and then suppress the auth checks in it? Therefore, you never have to grant m_best_bsa update to type NB. And through ME22n, they can't update a standard PO, which is what we want.

OR, is there another, better way to do this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to play around with the SU24 settings for your new transaction.

See [SAPhelp on Authorization Checks|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/52/67129f439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm] for more information.

Jurjen

2 REPLIES 2

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to play around with the SU24 settings for your new transaction.

See [SAPhelp on Authorization Checks|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/52/67129f439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm] for more information.

Jurjen

0 Kudos

I would have never thought it work this way, but it seems to work if you pull iin the object, and tell it not to check, it doesn't check.

The standard transaction seems to be working also.

: )