cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rote text by 90degrees

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a requirement in SAP Script. I need to print a lable with barcode by rotating it by 90 degrees on the left hand side. and the barcode is the combination of Batch and Storage Unit. This needs to happen dynamically. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niha 123,

You should also mention which technology you use to print barcodes (probably a SIMM, so what is it), as there is no standard technology for SAPscript forms. So the solution will depend on that external technology.

Note that there are lots of threads about barcode rotation.

BR

Sandra

Edited by: Sandra Rossi on Jul 15, 2011 10:35 AM :

Also, please refer to Note 5196 - Printing bar codes with SAPscript

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Thanks for your replies. Now I am able to rotate the Barcode. But the text under the barcode is coming horizontally.

We use a Zebra Label printer. I studied about the SAPnotes 1095508 and 750772. But i am unable to find a solution for rotating the text. Please help me with an example.

And also one more thing I came to know that we need use ^FWD some command to rotate text by 90degrees. but i dont know to use this. it would be very very helpful if you can show the same with an example.

lets say i want to print "hello world" 90degree rotated. how do we do this. Please with example.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ^FWR command is the one to rotate text.

Firstly, in the used device type, you need to create two print controls containing the commands ^FWR and ^FWN via transaction SPAD:

SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types -> e.g. LZEB2 -> tab Print Controls

Here add the new print control commands e.g. ZROT and ZNOR containing the commands ^FWR and ^FWN.

In the smartform, create a new command node by: right click -> Create -> Flow Logic -> Command Node. In the command node, there is a field 'Include Printer Control'. In here enter 'ZROT'.

In the smartform flow, after the rotated text is processed, create a second command node and issue the second print control ZNOR which contains command ^FWN.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Black,

I really appreciate for your help.

Everything It was clear other than adding this.

Here add the new print control commands e.g. ZROT and ZNOR containing the commands ^FWR and ^FWN.

I see a Print Control name in the tab Print Controls for the selected printer.

But where should I write the command ^FWR and ^FWN for created ZROT and ZNOR print controls.

and also please tell me which radio buttons neeed to be selected. I see a list of radio buttons as mentioned below.

Direct

Extended

Unconverted

Converted

Hexadecimal

Action. And beside that there is a input field called Control Character sequence. Do I need to write the command ^FWR here or what? Please explain.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should select radio button 'Direct' and the commands should be written into the field 'Control Character sequence'.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks omce Again , One final Question. Can we see the changes in the Print Preview. whether the text was rotated or not.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, the print preview is not affected. This is just a workaround with a command to tell the printer to change the direction of the print. The smartforms composer is not aware of the change.

Regards,

Aidan

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I forgot to mention that you should select the radio button 'Converted' in addition to the radoi button 'Direct'.

Regards,

Aidan

former_member606720
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks... this solution worked for me

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi niha

try this

goto tcode se73

select your required option and click change in se73

and use the rotate option as per your requirement.

Venkat_Sesha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Goto SE73 and select the Barcode which ever you want to use and in the change mode there is an option for rotating 90 degree 180 270 etc... Hope this helps