Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass create Business Role

former_member283791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey experts,

I'm trying make a job to mass create business roles comming from a .txt file. So I managed to upload my data to the database. I now have a table containing: role name, privilege, privilege, ...

I then have a step To Identity Store destination MX_ROLE.

MSKEYVALUE is the role name

changetype is add

displayname is the role name again

MXMEMBER_MX_PRIVILEGE is the privilege

If I run this job I get the error saying that MXMEMBER_MX_PRIVILEGE expects a number. So i'm guessing that it expects the mskey. I tried solving this by running the privilege name through the sap_getMsKeyvalueForMskey script but then I receive the error that it's only vallid for MetaCenter and Provisioning followed by a hit to look at script line 7. Which reads:

var idStore = UserFunc.uGetIDStore();

And this is where I'm stuck. Where does it expect me to define the IDstore?

Don't know if anyone actually has the faintest idea of what I'm on about but i'd really appreciate some help from someon ewho's gone this deep in IDM 7.1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

some additions to your post, I'm still not sure if this will work as intended:

1. if you put the privilege in brackts like < & > it might work.

2. The script sap_getMsKeyvalueForMskey does exactly what you don't want, it converts a number in text.

3. Remember that the privileges have mskeyvalues like MX:PRIV:<REP-ID>:SAP_ALL

Hope it helps

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member283791
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Michael,

I never knew about those <> and that did solve the issue for me, again I was looking for a solution to far.

In response to other things: the customer I'm at now has 80 business roles. About 60 regular roles and 20 on demand roles. It's alot I know but at this moment there is no way we see to lower that number without loosing tons of time.

@Mike: thx for the clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

The referencing object needs to be enclosed in <> as Michael has pointed out. So if your entry type is MX_ROLE then the values for MXMEMBER_MX_PRIVILEGE all need to be enclosed in <BUSINESS_ROLE_NAME>. If your entry type is MX_PRIVILGE then the values for MXMEMBER_MX_ROLE all need to be enclosed in <PRIVILEGE_NAME>. A numeric value is expected if <> are not used. You should not need to use any store procedure/function to accomplish this.

Hope this helps.