cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restart Web Dynpro application from within the application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there a way to restart a Web Dynpro application when an associated button in a WD view of this application is pressed?

Using an exit plug with an appropriate exit URL could be a solution for it but doesn't seem to work well if the WD application is called in a portal context.

Did anyone solve such a requirement?

Best regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the WD code we should be able to achieve it, we should be able to clear the data and should be able to bring it to the initial stage.

Restart is not a good approach. If I would be there, I will do the necessary clearings and would bring to the initial state through the code changes. In the action of a button we can write the code to achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

What exactly are you trying to achieve by doing the restart.

Might be you can try refresh or do navigation to the same page its almost equivalent to the restart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's all about initializing the application context to restart the process. Which in this special case means to clear some context nodes and to initialize others to get the same state as when starting the application. So the easiest way seems be to be to restart the application. And I'm trying to find out if this is at least possible. Or if there is a better way to solve it.