cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Product Master Data Changes From APO to ECC/R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to transfer product master data changes in APO to ECC via the CIF? If so, does it require custom coding?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Is it possible to transfer product master data changes in APO to ECC via the CIF?

Not standard

If so, does it require custom coding?

Yes

The standard model is that ECC is the 'master' of Material Master (Product Master) data. Such data by design only goes in one direction.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there some delivered BAdi or BAPI that can be used to transfer product master data back to the ERP tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

I am not aware of anything standard that will use the Core interface. You could probably write something.

If I were forced to create a master data interface SCM > R/3, I would be more inclined to use ALE rather than CIF/qRFC. It is still custom development, but SAP has standard message types for Material Master, so some of the dev work would be reduced.

I personally would be asking the client if he has a very compelling reason for requesting this functionality. My opinion is that the cost to develop, and the ongoing (forever) maintenance costs would have to have a very large payback, for it to make business sense.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)