cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not standard usage of JDBC adapter...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need help with configuration of sender JDBC adapter. Poll Interval specifies how often JDBC adapter polls the database. But I don't want the adapter to poll automatically with the interval. I need to read data from the database if some message comes into the integration engine. For example: a web service sends request to XI, XI reads data from database and then creates response for the web service.

Is it possible to do it? If so, what shall I do? Thanks in advance for every advice!

Bertuccio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bertuccio,

JDBC lookup will best suite for your requirement.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/33/1ec6ced273493a993a80c2301c03da/frameset.htm

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-support-for-jdbc-and-rfc-lookups

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/28/graphical-rfc-lookup-and-how-you-can-design-lookups-for-multiple-values-to-be-retrieved-in-a-single-call

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do this way too.... create SOAP to JDBC sync scenario. Thats it.

Create SOAP sender and let your client to send the webservice request. Using the request call jdbc using receiver. Make sql query and return the resultset as response and map it to soap response and pass it to client.

JDBC receiver can be used for multiple sql statements like SELECT, INSERT/UPDATES etc. Refer SQL QUERY data structure in the below link for designing target message type.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use JDBC look for this case. But you have to create the JDBC receiver channel. Not sender. So when ever webservice sends the request u can pass the request to the look up then lookup will fetch the records related to the webservice request and pass to the target.

Poll intervall is mandatory parameter in sender JDBC channel we can't ignore that parameter. Its a standard fucntionality which is provided by SAP.

Regards,

Raju

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can perfrom lookup in mapping, Lookup executed when data received from sender system to IE.

explore this option.

Regards,

Raj