cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forbid checking-out of files that are already checked-out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

Im working with NWDI (NW CE 7.2) and currently when I try to modify a file checked out by another user I get the warning message:

"======>WARNING: Already checked out by "

and after I confirm the check out I get to modify the files.

On another project with NW 7.11 I was working with a NWDI that in case that I try to modify files already checked out by another user It woudnt let me

how can I change the configuration of my NWDI (7.2) to forbid the modification of files that are been modified by another users?

Best regards and thanks on advance

Jean Carlo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depends on how you checked it out, exclusively or non-exclusively

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im using WebDynpro, is there a way to make any Edit of a file and Edit (exclusive)?

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an exclusive edit where you can edit the file if already other users have checked-out.

Right click on the file which you want to edit --> Go to DTR oprtion --> you can see exclusive edit option here.

Regards,

Saleem Mohammad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was doing the Edit exclusive and still other users were able to check-out the file, could this be because we all have the NWDI.Administrators group?

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

No, it cannot be due to NWDI.Administrator Group.

Please follow the below mentioned procedure to Lock the file...

1) Open the Development Infrastructure Perpective in your NWDS.

2) You must have check-out your modification in some activity, goto Open Activities View and expand your activity.

3) Activity will contain all the files that are affected by your modification.

4) You can decide which files you want to Lock from the list.

5) Right-click the file that you desire to lock, and from the context menu choose the option "Locking >> Lock File"

6) once you have done this, it implies that you have exclusively locked that file for your Developer ID,

7) Now, it cannot be checked-out or modified by any other developer ID.

This concept is known as "Exclusive Lock Mechanism"

Let me know about your findings.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya