cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating ANSAL for Swden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need Annual Salary to be calculated for Sweden but found that wage type ASAL doesn't exist in T511, T512Z, T512W, T539J.

Do I have to apply note 175234 to get wage type ASAL? Can I use CSAL instead?

Also, for hourly employees, I need ANSAL to be calculated as Rate X Monthly working hours X 12.2

Rate per hour is stored as a wage type in IT00008. Can I default the working hours per month in feature PFREQ?

Or I need to write a user exit to meet this requirement.

Regards,

Ally

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ASAL or CSAL any of it will work but you need to perform the complete config for the same that is feature ANSAL, table V_T539A and V_T539J as per your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I tried to update table V_T539J with ASAL I get the following error

Entry 23 ASAL does not exist in T512W (check entry)

Regards,

Albina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leslie,

The formula they are using to calculate salary for hourly employees is

White collared = Rate (stored in IT0008) X 168 hours X 12.2

Blue collared = Rate X 172 X 12.2.

How do I get the system to calculate this without PCR

Regards,

Albina

Former Member
0 Kudos

That means ASAL doesn't exist for country grouping 23.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I try to copy wage type ASAL in T-code OH11 I get a warning that says ,"Copying to the reserved SAP name range ASAL is not allowed"

Is it advisable to copy ASAL manually or through a note? Isn't ASAL a model wage type and must exist in the system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it should exist in system as it is SAP delivered wage type... even it doesn't exist for country grouping 23 in my system as well. IF you are trying to copy, then don't copy in SAP name range but copy in customer name range. Wage type name doesn't matter, if you will do all the required config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pravin I think SAP Note 175234 needs to be applied if wage type ASAL is missing for a country grouping. Do you agree?

With regards to my second question, Is there any user exit i can use to calculate ANSAL = rate (stored in IT0008) X no of hours (162 0r 174 dependin on ESG) X 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ally,

Yes, Note probably will solve the problem but what i was concern here is NOte had been released in 2001 that is around 10 yr back hence changes should be present in our system. Anyway you can go ahead and apply the Note.

With regards to my second question, Is there any user exit i can use to calculate ANSAL = rate (stored in IT0008) X no of hours (162 0r 174 dependin on ESG) X 12 - Yes, user-exits are there which can populate the values. But i have an idea, just try to explore it, may help you.

Rate you will pass in IT as wage type, right?

For different ESG are you using seperate wage type ? - If for both the question answer is yes, then you can configure the V_T539J for ASAL against seperate wage types you have for different ESGs. Also configure PFREQ accordingly.

Now system will get rate in IT 8 * (162 or 174 based on ESG, here you make 2 entries in V_T539J)* PFREQ factor.

Let us know if it is not clear or if it work? that is in both the cases.

Edited by: Praveen Tiwari on Jul 13, 2011 8:45 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Albina,

The hours will be picked up from the WkHrs/period field in IT0008 as long as you have a 1 (denoting hourly paid) in table V_503_B against the appropriate employee group/subgroup combinations. This is hard coded in the screen logic. I suggest you investigate this route before user exits etc. (Assume you're hourly paid are in a seperate subgroup?)

Also, you should be okay to ignore the warnings on the wage type or if you're not comfortable then do indeed as suggested by Praveen and create a new wage type in the customer name range. As long as you assign the wage type to the ANSAL module in table V_T5539J_B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Praveen and Leslie,

1) Rate is maintained in different wage types based on the ESG

2) period 12.2 will be defaulted in PFREQ

3) My doubt is where will i maintain the monthly working hours of 164/ 172 ? If I manitain this in the monthly working hours/period in IT0008 how will the system muliply this with the rate n period in PFREQ

We are not using payroll in the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Leslie said configure table V_503_B. If its still not happening then you can go for V_T539J as i mentioned in last reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Praveen and Leslie...

Your solutions were very helpful and worked bang on..

A) I have created wage type ASAL with all the charactericstic copied from another country grouping which has the wage type

B) Table V_503_B has been maintained with valule 1 for hourly employees

C) Feature PFREQ and ANSAL maintained

D) Table V_T539J maintained

Regards,

Ally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ally,

Yes, create the wage type ASAL by copying an IT0008 wage type and refer to another countries ASAL wage type for the correct characteristics.

You need to enter 12.2 in feature PFREQ on the line corresponding to how often the employee is paid in order to calculate the annual salary ie monthly paid is line 5 in the feature. (Check the help, the time unit of the period parameter assigned to the employees payroll area determines the line which is read in the feature.)

As long as your employee subgroup grouping has been set up as hourly (1) in table V_503_B for PCR the system will automatically use the monthly hours in the calculation of the annual salary using the hourly rate as specified on IT8.

Also you need to ensure you are using screen 2010