cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap script alignments are changing to various printers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I developed a form with sap script, it is working fine for some printers, now there's a problem with

other printers: I mean that for some printer the printout of the layout is ok, for some other printers the layout alignments a are going to be changed ( some line missing, character font different, alignments) .but i want same printout for every printer. can any one please give solution for this.

Thank You,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check out the following solution:

in a certain form for two differently configured printers, there seem to be a difference in the output of characters per inch (the distance between characters which gives a layout problem - text in two lines instead of one.

It happens when the two printers having different Printer Controls' if you go to SPAD Menu (Spool Administrator Menu) you can see the difference in the Printer Control and if you make the Printer control setting for both the printers as same. then it will be ok. and also u have to check what is the device type used for both the output devices.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi krishnaveni

in your code try to assign the default printer as 'wine' (windefault) so that your problem will be solved.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following SAP notes describe reasons for differences when using different device types and also steps to design forms to minimise these differences.

183948 - Standard print on PCL-5,PostScript,SAPWIN

90437 - Alignment for different device types

e.g. Forms that are designed for a postscript printer may have some problemswhen printed via a PCL device type. Many of the standard sapscript forms were developed for postscript.

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried explicitly aligning text by using tabs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we are using TABS for text alignment.