cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Forms: not able to update form field value

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created HCM custom form scenario for org creation process. I have created one generic service.

I have two fields personnel area dropdown field and company code read only field, both are given default values. Both are mapped to one field group with operation.

when I select any value from drop down it is not updating company code with the new value. But it is updating properly in the do_operations method.

Please help me how to resolve this issue..

Regards,

Rama.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Drop down values will be filled in the GET_HELP_VALUES. Read your PERSONNEL_AREA field here and based on that value fill the COMPANY_CODE. HELP_DATASETS is the parameter you should be looking for.

Thank You,

Vijetha.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick replies.. I am filling Personnel area values in GET_HELP_VALUES. But i am trying to update company code in DO_OPERATIONS based on personeel area selected value since it is not dropdown filed. First time i am initializing the data using INITIALZE method. Whatever problem i am facing that is at run time when i select any drop down values it is not overwriting the old value present in the company code.

Regards,

Rama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which user event you are using standard or configured one? If you have configured your own user event

check whether you are passing back company code correctly.

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check if the field is defined correctly in "SERVICE FIELDS"?

regards,

Xiang Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do initialization in the INITIALIZE method not in DO_OPERATIONS.

Thanks,

Aravind